Tell me about your out of the box lemons - Page 5

Tell me about your out of the box lemons

This is a discussion on Tell me about your out of the box lemons within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PF9 double feed....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tell me about your out of the box lemons

PF9 double feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggity View Post
    Or anything else besides 1911's, keltecs, and bersas.
    Who's mentioned Bersa problems? I haven't seen one.

I've been lucky enough to not have a lemon yet...
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    Who's mentioned Bersa problems? I haven't seen one.

I've been lucky enough to not have a lemon yet...
    I don't see a Bersa Problem in this thread either.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

PF9, my own fault as I took a chance even after reading all the bad reviews. I also had bad luch with a M&P40 full size I bought new online. The slide to frame fit was very loose and the barrel had a lot of play/movement verticaly. The pistol shot all over the place although I never had a feeding issue.

I had a SA Lightweight Loaded Champion 1911 that malfunctioned (mostly double feeds and a few FTE) quite a bit. Since we didn't have CCW yet and I didn't think too hard about sending it back to the factory and instead sold it. I wish I still had the thing, it would be a nice carry piece.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

SIG GSR 1911. Went back and got a new extractor twice. On the third trip, they gave up on it and gave me a new one. The one they sent me as a replacement failed to lock the slide on the last shot. I ordered a new slide stop and it's been running fine since. My P229 has been perfect though. I guess every company has its problem line...

Distinguished Member
    Kahr P40. The malfunctions were one problem but their CS was completely unacceptable.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

This ones only a couple of months old so I am bumping it...I still want a lrager pool of info...any recent lemons?

So if you don't buy a Kahr, Kel-Tec, Taurus, or 1911... you'll probably be ok.

With sporadic mentions of XD's and Rugers.

I had a problem with a Springfield XD SC in .40. Sights were badly off from the factory...had that fixed with some TFO's but no matter what the pistol never ever functioned reliably so I parted ways with it. Failures to feed, failures to eject, you name it. I'll never buy one of their "Croatian Masterpieces" EVER again.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    So if you don't buy a Kahr, Kel-Tec, Taurus, or 1911... you'll probably be ok.

With sporadic mentions of XD's and Rugers.

I had a problem with a Springfield XD SC in .40. Sights were badly off from the factory...had that fixed with some TFO's but no matter what the pistol never ever functioned reliably so I parted ways with it. Failures to feed, failures to eject, you name it. I'll never buy one of their "Croatian Masterpieces" EVER again.
    I don't know... I think just about every model will eventually get mentioned if this thread went on long enough... Everyone has built a lemon I think. Sorry to hear about your XD.

I had purchased a m&p22 and was fine for the first couple hundred rounds. After that i had multiple failer to feed, failure to fully go into battery, stove pipes, and a couple failure to ejects. Tryed cleaning and lubing with no help. I quickly traded in towards a BG .38spec and couldnt be more pleased. Might be a while before i buy another auto pistol chambered in 22LR

Sig P938.

Ignored advice about newly released models and went with husband to get one not long after they came out.

Have never seen so many failures. I don't think it ever fired more than 3 rounds in a row despite trying (literally) half a dozen different types of ammo in it.

Took it straight back to seller, who exchanged it for an identical 938 he still had in stock. The second one did far better than the first, but still has FTFs often enough that I don't carry it for SD. If it doesn't get more reliable after another few hundred rounds, it will be traded in for something else.

The seller sent the original lemon straight back to Sig, and said they told him they couldn't find anything wrong with it.(?!!) I find that impossible to believe...
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I've been very fortunate. All of my guns have been extremely reliable and have never given me any problems. I did have my '70s model S&W .38 Special serviced recently but it was more for maintenance than anything else.

The only thing that I've had that turned out to be a lemon or junky is a hi-cap mag I bought at a gun show. I wanted my 10/22 to have more than 10 rds. readily available for plinking sessions. I think it was an "Eagle" mag but after a year or so it fell apart. I remember being surprised that it didn't hold up any better than it did. It had never been abused and had not had volumes and volumes of ammo ran through it, etc.

Have experienced very few lemons in my firearms acquisition career. A brand new Interarms Virginian Dragoon .44 Magnum was one of them.

A couple cylinders-full of ammo and it was partially disassembled. All screws needed major tightening. It gave pressure signs indescrimately. Didn't matter if the load was a mild factory 246 grain .44 Special load or a wild H110 fueled .44 Magnum handload. Primers all looked the same, flat as a pancake.

It was a big ol' handsome revolver though.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

mkh
    I've had guns that I ended up to liking after I bought them but no lemons.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links