How well does Glock 19 ride?

This is a discussion on How well does Glock 19 ride? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Your Glock 19 should carry about the same as a Glock 23 & I've had no problems carrying & concealing OWB in the summer months ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How well does Glock 19 ride?

GH
    Your Glock 19 should carry about the same as a Glock 23 & I've had no problems carrying & concealing OWB in the summer months with untucked T shirts & now with the weather getting cooler even easier with sweat shirts/hoodies. I'm so used to it I don't even know it's there. You just have to find the right position & hopefully you'll be able to shift the holster an inch or so for driving or standing. I've found that at 3:30-4:00 is best for standing or walking & 4:30 or so for driving or sitting. Either way just off the hip a bit. I now have a S&W Sigma which is a Glock 23 clone & it carries the same of course.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

2. Remove Ads

I carry my G-19 in a Remora Holster in Mex Position. I am a bigger person and that works very well for me. I also use shirts with CCW velcro sides and do not tuck them in.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

I carried a 23 for years and now carry a Gen 4 22. I have a box full of holsters and always find myself going back to the Glock Sport Combat holster for OWB. Even with my 22 I can carry it with most all my attire. Ive had a 22 23 and 27. The 23 is a great carry piece. Get the 19, you wont regret it.
    DoctorBob likes this.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Glock 19, OWB, is my EDC..G26 is my BUG...Only approx half inch difference in size and less than half ounce difference in weight. Either weapon is very dependable and accurate...I did put XS Big Dot sights on both weapons...

Here are your specs for G26: GLOCK 26

Here are your specs for G19: Glock

OWB holsters are a matter of preference in my opinion...Mine came from: Next Holster and is: Next Holster Guardian You can wear this holster either IWB or OWB simply by reversing the clips...I've never had a better holster... Contact is: Phillip Fields, PO Box 841, Garner, NC 27529, 919-210-4389

Hope this helps you..
    THanks, i will take a look. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Ok, i got another question... should i get adjustable sights? My last Glock 30 had non adjustable tritium night sights, but it was spot on. what do you think? bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    I carried a 23 for years and now carry a Gen 4 22. I have a box full of holsters and always find myself going back to the Glock Sport Combat holster for OWB. Even with my 22 I can carry it with most all my attire. Ive had a 22 23 and 27. The 23 is a great carry piece. Get the 19, you wont regret it.
    do you have a picture of the holster????
    "6 P's of self defense "

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "I live in NYS so it is 10 rounds max with the 19. "

Well there's your biggest problem right there. And now you're limited to 16 ozs.

I'm limited to 10 rounds also, unless I slip my G21 mag into my G30.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thoughts ...

For a mid-sized, larger-capacity semi-auto pistol, the Glock 19 can be carried about as easily as any comparably-sized pistol.

But to my way of thinking, the "ride" depends most heavily on the holster itself, your chosen carry method/position, and your body shape. Can't know what's optimal without trial-and-error. Ideally, you can find a number of potential holsters in your area at most of the well-stocked gun shops, given that it's a G19 you're holstering, assuming you're right-handed.

If comfort and ease of OWB carrying is to be gained at all costs, consider a decent paddle holster. While most generally won't conceal anywhere near as invisibly as good IWB or most of the better close-fitting OWB variants, it's hard to beat a good paddle for all-day comfort and utility. Check the MSP by Kramer, and the #18 Murnak paddle by Fist. If uninterested in a paddle holster, I'd start focusing on decent OWB "pancake" style holsters. Many can be fairly close-fitting, for decent concealment.

As with any belt holster, ensure you've got a very good belt and (ideally) that the holster's belt slots snugly fit the belt. As you might imagine, any slop will lead to poorer fit.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Thoughts ...

For a mid-sized, larger-capacity semi-auto pistol, the Glock 19 can be carried about as easily as any comparably-sized pistol.

But to my way of thinking, the "ride" depends most heavily on the holster itself, your chosen carry method/position, and your body shape. Can't know what's optimal without trial-and-error. Ideally, you can find a number of potential holsters in your area at most of the well-stocked gun shops, given that it's a G19 you're holstering, assuming you're right-handed.

If comfort and ease of OWB carrying is to be gained at all costs, consider a decent paddle holster. While most generally won't conceal anywhere near as invisibly as good IWB or most of the better close-fitting OWB variants, it's hard to beat a good paddle for all-day comfort and utility. Check the MSP by Kramer, and the #18 Murnak paddle by Fist. If uninterested in a paddle holster, I'd start focusing on decent OWB "pancake" style holsters. Many can be fairly close-fitting, for decent concealment.

As with any belt holster, ensure you've got a very good belt and (ideally) that the holster's belt slots snugly fit the belt. As you might imagine, any slop will lead to poorer fit.
    I purchased two excellent belts at the last gun show in Syracuse... they are thick and sturdy. I like the pancake style OWB for my snubs, and my pants are a little too tight, having a few, or many extra pounds around the middle. I always wear an undershirt, with an oversized shirt over that.... not enough room in my pants for IWB holsters. I am familiar with Fist holsters, i will check them out. Thanks
    "6 P's of self defense "

I dread the "holster game" myself... it bugs me to purchase more than one holster to find the correct fit, as i am sure everyone else is in this same situation.
    "6 P's of self defense "

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Ok, i got another question... should i get adjustable sights? My last Glock 30 had non adjustable tritium night sights, but it was spot on. what do you think? bunker
    I have Trijicons on my G19, 26 and 36. Meprolights on the G23 that were Glock factory installed. Highly recommend the Trijicons not so much for the brightness (the Meps are brighter), but Trijicon has a 10 year warranty and my local GS installs them while you wait for cheap.

sorry for the pic....my feminine, artistic side got carried away on Photobucket.....
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I dread the "holster game" myself... it bugs me to purchase more than one holster to find the correct fit, as i am sure everyone else is in this same situation.
    About the only two ways I've found to solve that: either (a) find the perfect match at a nearby, well-stocked gun/leather shop that'll allow you to try on your choices until you've found "the one"; or (b) travel to a master custom holster maker who can perform a custom fitting and build, from your specs after detailed discussion with you. Uncertain where you live, but perhaps some of your local gun shops know of one or two decent holster makers in the region.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

do you have a picture of the holster????
    I will get you a pic of the Glock holster and my Remora. With these two holsters I spent less than $50 and they fulfill all my needs.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

1 don't know
    2 IWB white hat max tuck. Nice
    3 mug bien. Shoots great out of box. I bought a factory recon gen 4.
    4 only complaint is dot get to shoot enough.

Zonker, your pic makes me dizzy man... or trippin on something
    "6 P's of self defense "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links