Thinking of a G26

This is a discussion on Thinking of a G26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had two G26s for several years. Zero problems, great function just as I'd expect from a Glock. If I ever bought another, I'd go up ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of a G26

Had two G26s for several years. Zero problems, great function just as I'd expect from a Glock. If I ever bought another, I'd go up one size to the G19 just because I've learned I can conceal a slightly larger gun as easy as a smaller one. Had no problem hitting everything I pointed them at -- and only got rid of them because my wife, who has wrist and hand problems, cannot hold a semi-auto tight enough for it to cycle (we were into the carry the same gun deal).
    That's moved on and she has S&W 642s.
    Having said all that... I carry a little 1911 for only one reason over the G26. I can hit faster and am more accurate with a 1911. So, definitely try to shoot whatever you're considering. It is amazing how much difference there is between handguns and how well one can hit with them. Anymore, it would take me a fair amount of time with a Glock to get back to feeling confident with one -- but I sure may do just that at some time in the future.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Had an RCMP member up here have his G27 split on him, I would get the G26 myself, .40cal and Glocks don't seem to be a perfect marriage.

We have to have a custom barrel fitted to comply with our laws here (must be over 4") so $1100 for one, sigh

My wife has a 26 she loves, as do I. Totally dependable so far.

I ordered a NIB 26 (to match my wifes) five weeks ago after trolling for a nice used 26 proved futile. Result - still not in! <arghhhhhhhh>

The only con I can think of is added width...but the G26 is most likely lighter so probably a fair trade off.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    It\'s hard to beat a G26. They are accurate and reliable. Mine has been 100% since I bought it.

+1
    Be Safe & Shoot Str8

I'm surprised nobody's suggested the Para 9mm options. Congrats on your H&K though, from everything I've heard they're excellent weapons. I believe ExSoldier carries one at least part-time though I'm not sure which variant.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I have a G 26, and it's a great gun. I carry it in a Nemesis pocket holster without problems. The grip extension has been mentioned, but rather than that, I use the 12 round magazines. The bottom of the magazine is also extends the length of the grip, making it easier to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker
    I have a G 26, and it's a great gun. I carry it in a Nemesis pocket holster without problems. The grip extension has been mentioned, but rather than that, I use the 12 round magazines. The bottom of the magazine is also extends the length of the grip, making it easier to shoot.
    Me too, but I went with the pearce grip extension. Carry a G19 mag as an extra.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Glock 26 is a fine pistol.You will be happy with it for conceal carry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links