Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners - Page 2

Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners

This is a discussion on Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 27 and 23. The 27 in a smart carry w/ +2 mag only when wearing non-belt type pants (sweats and stretch type shorts) OR 27 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners

27 and 23. The 27 in a smart carry w/ +2 mag only when wearing non-belt type pants (sweats and stretch type shorts) OR 27 in a cargo pants pocket std mag, but rarely due to blockiness. More than likely, 23 IWB.

I would say buy the one you will most likely carry now with the method you intend on carrying. You probably will be buying the other one if you are happy w/ your current purchase.

Senior Moderator
    A G-26 is hard to beat. It can be carried in a pocket (in a holster), on the belt, or in an ankle holster. The G-19 is a nice size too, but too big for a pocket or ankle holster.

Some shoot one better than the other; I can't tell a bit of difference in accuracy or speed.

I have both also, and I find that the 26 is a bit easier to conceal in warm/hot weather, and with the Pearce grip extension, it is just as easy to shoot as the 19. I use mags without the extension for ultra-concealment, and for ankle carry. The advantage of the 19 is a better grip and larger capacity.

Let's face it...if you're like most of us you will end up with both anyway.

They make a nice pair...a nice set. Depending on where you live and what the weather is like, I'd get either one now and the other in the spring. I use the 26 in hot summer months, and the 19 with an untucked shirt/jacket/coat.

However, if you only plan to get ONE, and live in a warm climate, the G26 might be a bit more versatile, if you don't mind the lower mag capacity.
    Doug

Sig P229 .357/.40, G17, G19, G23, G27, Bushmaster XM-15, Ruger PC9 Carbine, Win. 1300 'Defender' 12 Ga. (among others)

"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

My wife and I both have G26, mine with grip extensions. We absolutely love them.

I've owned and carried both the 27 and 26. Personally, I've yet to be able to figure out why someone buys a sub-compact 26 or 27 and then adds a grip extension!? If that's what you want, just buy a 19 and you've got the grip you're after!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    I've owned and carried both the 27 and 26. Personally, I've yet to be able to figure out why someone buys a sub-compact 26 or 27 and then adds a grip extension!? If that's what you want, just buy a 19 and you've got the grip you're after!
    Simple for me, grip extension (+2LEO) goes on for when I smart carry. Easier to conceal than the compact. However, I would never put it on for pocket carry. And never use the subcompact for IWB. That is what the compact is for.

Good thoughts, sojourner...you do what works for you...just my opinion.

While I didn't mention it originally, I'm not one that has a high degree of trust in aftermarket "thingys" (like the Pearce stuff), so would own both a 26 and 19 if I felt different needs at different times before I'd go that route. I previously owned a 17 along with the 26 for that reason; but the 17 and I parted ways when I brought a Beretta 92G-SD home...they just couldn't get along...heh.

I carry the 26 just as it came out of the box as IWB, OWB, SmartCarry, Shoulder Rig and Maxpedition Versipack...it does it all, even an occasional IDPA match in Stock Service Pistol. I always know how the grip will feel when I draw, it's the same one every time and I'm comfy with my pinky flapping in the wind! As I mentioned earlier, when I carry extra mags they are model 17 mags with 16 rounds each, so there I do vary from the stock 26 gear (yes, I do practice mag changes and shooting with this setup).
    Last edited by JimmyC4; September 30th, 2006 at 02:56 AM.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Glock has there own +2 for the G26 mags that they use to only issue to law enforcement. I do not trust the aftermarket extensions but do trust the ones from glock. You can also buy G26 mags with the glock +2 all ready on them.

Even with the extensions, the grip is slightly smaller then a G19, more so on the back of the grip then the front. Does it make any practical difference while carrying, I guess that is something that only you could answer for yourself.

Here is a good thread over at glocktalk with lots of pics.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....hreadid=542966

Don't forget, buy both

While I didn't mention it originally, I'm not one that has a high degree of trust in aftermarket "thingys" (like the Pearce stuff), so would own both a 26 and 19 if I felt different needs at different times before I'd go that route. I previously owned a 17 along with the 26 for that reason; but the 17 and I parted ways when I brought a Beretta 92G-SD home...they just couldn't get along...heh.

I carry the 26 just as it came out of the box as IWB, OWB, SmartCarry, Shoulder Rig and Maxpedition Versipack...it does it all, even an occasional IDPA match in Stock Service Pistol. I always know how the grip will feel when I draw, it's the same one every time and I'm comfy with my pinky flapping in the wind! As I mentioned earlier, when I carry extra mags they are model 17 mags with 16 rounds each, so there I do vary from the stock 26 gear (yes, I do practice mag changes and shooting with this setup).

Great thread link H A, thanks! I've been considering a Glock myself and those pics make the G26 with mag extensions appear to function, in essence, like a bobtailed 1911. I'd pretty much ruled out the G26 in favor of the 19, 30 or even the 29 ... now I'm not so sure anymore.
    Jack

I carry my 19 year-round, even in the 100 degree 90-someodd% humidity summer days here in SW Missouri. Carried IWB @ 4, I can conceal it completely under just a t-shirt.

Unless you plan to carry on your ankle or in your pocket, I don't really see the advantage of the 26.

Just my $0.02
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

JimmyC - good stuff from you. I have the Glock +2 LEO mags. I try to keep my Glocks (27, 23, 22) w/ mostly factory parts. I replace the mag release and slide release w/ the extended ones that come on stock G35, add the jentra plugs and replace factory sights w/ TruGlo TFO. No aftermarket magazines and/or extensions. Any extra mag I carry are the +2 LEO Glock mags. For me, if it gets to a mag change, I definitely want the extra length (not as much as the mags you carry) I'm concerned w/ reliability switching to another mag w/out a mag sleeve. But that's just me.

Agreed on all, we should all use what works for us.

What would be the difference between this setup, and the mid sized(19,23,etc.) models ?? Seems to me that the mid sized would be as easy, if not easier, to conceal and present, having a more sculpted grip(w/o extension).
    The back of the grip is shorter, and thats normally what pokes out of the shirt. With the extended magazine, the backstrap is still shorter, it just the front that gains length.

Think of it more like a bobtailed 1911.

But to be fair, I went ahead and got the 19 for the reason you posted above. That and the G26 didnt fit my hand at all, where the G19 is managable.

How is the recoil of the 27 VS the 26/19?

The 26 is just a hair more snappy than a 19...so I imagine that a 27 would have more of a bite than the 23?

btw---23 is my carry but I'm looking into a 27 (having a hard time giving up magazine capacity)
    Mighty HD

WJP9,
    All 4 of us in my family love the Glock 26. All my 9mm guns are in O.D. Green for a quick visual indicator of caliber. My 19 is harder to hide but I love to shoot it also. We wear the G26 in a High Noon Mr. Softy holster in the appendix position. On duty with the issued G22, I carry the G27 in the appendix position left with the gun belt hiding it. Since the mags interchange, I feel much better and only need one caliber of ammo. For general concealed wear, I love the G26. The ammo is much cheaper, therefore I practice with it more. Same way for my girls, they love the G26. Also, look at the Answer holster by Tucker Gunleather.
    Comfort, what feels best in your hand and most important, accuracy, are the three main considerations.
    Andy

Check this out. I saw it yesturday and it may be what your looking for.
    http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=597689
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links