Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners - Page 3

Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners

This is a discussion on Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have both the 19 and 26 as well. I purchased the 19 first and had to have the 26 which I purchased about 5 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have both the 19 and 26 as well. I purchased the 19 first and had to have the 26 which I purchased about 5 months later. Both are perfect guns. The 26 is a little easier to conceal. I shoot the 26 as is. No extensions at all. I just wrap my little pinky under the mag and let her rip. I probably shoot the 26 a little better than the 19. That's because my wife loves to shoot the 19 and I have to shoot the 26 so I have more range time on the 26. I haven't had one problem from either gun. I did swap out the serrated trigger on both for a smooth one and added a grip. I always carry IWB in a Highnoon Bare Asset holster at about the 4:00 position.
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Member
    NRA Member

I have had both the 19 and the 26. I sold my 19, which was a great pistol,because I wanted a 34 to shoot competition.

The 26 will definately conceal a little better than the 19 but the 19 can be concealable with a little work.

I think the 19 is probably one of the best Glocks, good for carry,high capacity, good for targetractice.

I carry my 26 with the standard 10 round magazine. If I am going to the range or going to be in the woods for a few days where I want the 26 for protection and also some casual shooting, I will use a 19 magazine with the grip spacer. It makes the 26 feel and operate almost like the 19.
    Attached Images

Frank....that's great advise. The pic surely gives an excellent visual. That does appear to be very close to the G19 specs. Excellent versatility.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

If you plan to CCW, go with the G26.
    \"What you\'ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response where you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul.\" My adoring wife, at least once a day.

Both

Like several of the other posters, I've got both a 26 and a 19. I've not shot the 26 yet, but I have carried it once or twice. I find the grip length does seem to make more of a difference in concealment than barrel length, since I carry it in a C-tac. My only problem is that it feels too fat, which makes me think it's printing. They're both great guns.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

Excellent Thread

I just want to say that this in an excellent thread. I began reading the thread to find out more about the Glock 19/26, but I found something else. Good job to everyone who commented. Although there were lots of disagreements, everyone was courteous and I think that is pretty unique to internet forums like this.

Thanks for all of the info and comments. I am going with the 19 after feeling one in my local gun shop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links