Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners

This is a discussion on Glock 19 and Glock 26 Owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am torn between which to purchase. I know the specs, but would appreciate a good visual comparison. I am asking for pics of holstered ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am torn between which to purchase. I know the specs, but would appreciate a good visual comparison.

I am asking for pics of holstered weapon on person as you would usually carry.

There is a strong "unstated debate" going between these two models and felt that this would help supplement the arguement.

Thanks,

Bill
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I have a G27 and love it. The thing has become a part of my body. No doubt. Shoot both and feel the way it carries, shoots and feels in your hand.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

I can't give you the visuals you're looking for, but a few facts.

In my experience, barrel length had little negative effect on concealment. However, the length of the grip did, and that's what was more difficult to hide and pushed me to choose the Glock 26. It conceals much better for me. I don't have pictures to compare with a 19, but can tell you from my carry methods that the longer grip may detract from hiding the pistol.

To add some holster comments, I've tried a number of them. Specifically for IWB with my 26, I've worn the Galco Royal Guard, Comp-Tac CTAC and Milt Sparks Watch Six. By far, the Watch Six is the most comfortable and best-functioning IWB holster I've found--it does not have the reinforced mouth as does the Milt Sparks Versa Max, so re-holstering is not as easy, but in every other regard, the Watch Six wins for me, especially at $65.

In another thread I discuss the Aker shoulder holster I just bought, and find it to be a wise buy...just $114.95 at Galls.

I say, buy the 26!

1951 - 2011
    Hello. The best I can do is a picture of the Glock 26 with the 17 as I don't own a 19.

Anyway, here's the picture:

Best and good luck in your decision.

I don't have pictures for you either, sorry. I have, however, shot both the 19 and 27 and considered both for Carry. My buddy eventually bought the 27 with the finger extension by pearce which made a HUGE difference.

The 17 is full grip, full barrel. The 19 is medium grip, medium barrel (on the long side) the 27 is compact in all dimensions. Peronally, I'd choose the 19 given only the two options. The 27 may be jacket pocketable for you where the 19 would probably not. neither is really jeans / dockers pocketable for me unless the jeans are really baggy. Just too blocky. That may be my pocket revolver bias showing though.

Just to add another dimension... What about the XD9 SubCompact. Very similar to the glock with a slightly different grip and a grip safety. I wish XD made a Glock 19 sized model.

I've been looking at these pistols also. You can view this thread for ideas:

G19/23 vs G26
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=14392

Seems that the 26 would be easier to conceal (it's smaller!) but the 19 should be okay too, with the right choice of clothing. The Max Con V holster looks good too. The Milt Sparks Watch Six also looks good and it's more affordable.

If your going to shoot a whole lot go with the G19. If your planning on carrying more than shooting go with the G26. I have a G27(about same size as G26) and sometimes wish I had a better grip. Although the finger extensions on mags work great, I don't shoot as well with it as I do a full sized piece(G33).
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    .I have both. I carry the 26 more than the 19, as I usually have to carry in my pocket during the Vegas Summers. Than makes the 26 the obvious choice. I carry it in my right front pocket, using a Nemesis holster. I also use the 12 round magazines, which not only gives me 2 extra rounds, I also have a place for my little finger. Now, if I am planning to carry in a holster on my belt, whether IWB or OWB, my choice would be the 18. Mainly due to the higher magazine capacity. Either way, you'll get a good gun.

WJP9, the obvious and most effective comparison would be to stop into a gunshop with a good inventory of Glocks--there you could handle, pocket and in all ways compare the size contrast between the 19 and 26.

In terms of capacity, when I carry my 26, any extra mags I take along are the 17 mags. When carrying with the shoulder holster, the offside double mag pouch helps balance things out and brings the total ammo count to 42, which is comforting.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    The obvious answer is to buy both

I own a 26 and eventually I will be getting a 19, but I am in no hurry at all. I am very satisfied with the 26.

I chose the 26 because I knew it was going to be easier to conceal, especially in hot weather. I can carry with the stock mags, finger extension, with the glock 12 round mags if I wanted to etc.... You can also carry with the G19 or G17 mags with a grip sleeve. The 26 can be made bigger on a temp basis but the 19 can't be made smaller. (with out a grip reduction of course)

I carry it IWB at 3:30 (only a T shirt is needed to conceal it) but if I wanted to, ankle carry is an option and for some people, they can pocket carry it. For me, I can only pocket carry it in my cargo pockets, but that could be an option for me as a BUG. You could also use a smart carry system for deep concealment. I like the short barrel/slide. It makes it very comfortable to carry while seated.

The 26 is very versatile.

Make sure you shoot one first though, some people can't get an adequate grip on it and if that is the case then there is no reason to buy one. I have small to average size hands so it isn't an issue for me.

I have a 19, a 26, and a 29 10 mm with a 357Sig conversion BBL for the 29.............they all hide remarkable well, with the 26 being almost a "pocket peice" type weapon........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I see people with the compact Glocks that heave the long(?), very sharply curved, mag/grip extensions added.

What would be the difference between this setup, and the mid sized(19,23,etc.) models ?? Seems to me that the mid sized would be as easy, if not easier, to conceal and present, having a more sculpted grip(w/o extension).

For concealability purposes the bbl length is not near as important as the length of grip. For presentation(the draw) purposes the longer bbl'ed weapons will be a little slower.(although,not much)

For me,a "happy medium" is called for.---------

19 and 26

I have the 19, my girlfriend has a 26. She found it was most comfortable to shoot with a grip extension also. Although some have had bad results with them, I used a +2 magazine floorplate. Never had a problem with it after testing it. By the time we were done, it was just about as long as my 19 in the grip, but with a shorter barrel. Depends on what you want in a carry gun and how important barrel length and a concealable grip is to you. I conceal my 19 IWB in Florida without problems, but I'm fat and dress casual.

Comparative photos - G26 and Kahr P9

Here are some comparative shots I found on the web of the G26 vs. another small polymer frame gun, the Kahr P9. They give some indication of how these two alternative small 9mm guns compare.

well i have a Glock 23 which is the same thing as a G19 just caliber difference. i love my G23 its easy to hide. i really dont care for the G27 it just doesn't fit my hands right. so go to a shop and hold them both and you will find out answer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links