An M&P kind of day - Page 2

An M&P kind of day

This is a discussion on An M&P kind of day within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice day! Looking at the M&P series myself. Hoping that the shield eventually makes its way onto the DOJ list of approved guns as the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: An M&P kind of day

Nice day! Looking at the M&P series myself. Hoping that the shield eventually makes its way onto the DOJ list of approved guns as the only thing keeping me from jumping in head first is the width with the double stack mags. Let us know how she likes em!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Love the M&P series. I also own an FNX 9 and 40, Smith 22A and 642 Talo. The Talo is not seen in the photo but the rest shown below are M&Ps.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348228818.557741.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the M&P ONLY bc of the trigger. I LOVED the ergonomics. It melted into my hand. I had only dry fired them. So, I wanted to give them a fair chance and borrowed a buddy's to shoot (Flat earth as you posted). Honestly, the trigger was a non-issue during live fire. I shot it very well. I did notice that EVERYTIME I slammed a new mag in, the slide went forward on it's own, I never had to rack it. SWEET gun!! To quote James Yeager,"Either you can shoot, or you can't." I thought that the trigger was going to be an issue and it wasn't.

I've been wanting to get one for a while. As to your wife training with the full size...that's great, but as you know, she should spend an equal amount of time shooting what she carries.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member
    NY27 absolutely correct she will practice with the Shield often but in some classes a mini gun can be at a disadvantage hence the full size.
    NY27 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

great choice! I carry a 9c and love it. Double stack not an issue with comfort. accurate as heck. Solid piece. Don't forget the added back straps the come with it.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Nice M&P's. One of the best features often overlooked is the melonite finish, handles holster wear exceptionally well.

My main CC is a M&P40C. It has been flawless through over 1,000 rounds.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Great choice! I love my M&P40. Would like to get a M&P22 to go with my M&P15-22. By far the best mod has to be the Apex DCAEK, it took 20 minutes to install and dropped my trigger to 5lbs and made it really smooth.
    Here's a picture of mine with the slide polished out.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348368135.491469.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348368217.626660.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    From what I have seen and read the triggers on the .22 are the same as the service caliber guns. I think they "improved" the triggers on the Shield but don't quote me on that.
    If this is true, then I will probably transition to M&P pistols myself. I like the idea of having just one trigger pull to learn, whether I shoot a single-stack (Shield), a compact (M&P9c), a full-size (M&P9), or trainer (M&P22). I just wish the Shield and M&P22 were available without external safeties for consistency.

VIP Member
    Xtalman. I believe the safety on the M&P's can be removed or installed rather easily.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

That is definitely a great day!
    Ruger: SR9, SR9C
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links