Hi-Viz Front Sight, Ruger Sp101?

This is a discussion on Hi-Viz Front Sight, Ruger Sp101? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would like to here from those who have opted for the Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight on their Ruger SP101 2.25". Any improvement with getting ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rollo

Thread: Hi-Viz Front Sight, Ruger Sp101?

Would like to here from those who have opted for the Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight on
    their Ruger SP101 2.25". Any improvement with getting back on target with follow-up shots?
    Has the change to the new "sight" made any significant difference in your low light shooting?
    Much appreciated, thank you!

Harry - first, welcome from AL. As far as the hi-viz sights, I have replaced the stock sight on an sp101 with a hiviz, and I really, really love the difference it makes at the range. It's so much easier to use. However, don't assume it will help in really low light. It won't. But, in everything else, it is awesome.

I also have a meprolight sight for low light use. I honestly don't know which one I really like better. I bought my meprolight sight from optics planet and when it came I was actually pretty disappointed about how dim it was. I can't determine if it's the sight, or if they all are like that, or if it sat on a shelve for 10 years already. Anyway, it does work well enough at night, and it makes a big difference in the day time as well compared to the stock sight, but I greatly prefer a fiber optic sight during the day.

I might try an xs night sight next, but maybe others that have used them can chime in on their experiences. One thing is for sure, they are all really really expensive for what they are. :)

I put the hi viz in my LCR and it is a major improvement. But like ^ said no better in lowlight. I wish I would have done a Novak trijicon night sight but its not bad for the lroce
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

tet4 & Romanr4 Thanks much for for the replies, gives me more to ponder for awhile! Whichever sight I go with, I'll probably use the same on my M&P Shield .40cal. For now; "aint" broke, don't fix it applies! I appreciate "ya!!"

I have a trijicon front night sight on my LCR and I think it is a big improvement over the stock black one.
    Old School likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I've been looking at the SP101 .22 quite a bit lately, which apparently only comes with fiber optic sight. I'm not sold on it. I also haven't ruled it out yet. Perhaps it will grow on me. Time will tell.

I added a Gemini Customs fiber sight to my SP101. It's awesome. Cost like$40.

Cool

I have had Big Dots night sights on my SP-101 and Glock 23 for years now and it allows fast follow up shots on target for these old eyes.

I have had the chance to shoot handguns and shotguns with the fiber optic sights and I like them very much. Helps very little in low light situation.

I want any edge I can get in any type of shooting situation.

photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Sponsored Links