Too many CC handguns...which one(s) to sell?

This is a discussion on Too many CC handguns...which one(s) to sell? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sell all except the Glock 26 and S&W 37....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Too many CC handguns...which one(s) to sell?

Sell all except the Glock 26 and S&W 37.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I would sell 6,7,8 no question.
    Then if you need to thin some more you could sell some of the others.
    That being said if you need to get more cash you sell whatever you can get the most $ for

I wouldn't sell any. What you have is the perfect inventory for "plants" throughout your house & 1 in your garage, especially with the ample inventory of holsters you have as well. Mount or velcro your holsters at the desired locations, & this will give you quick easy access. Magnets also come in handy in some instances.

In addition to my EDC which sleeps in it's bed holster at night, I have 4 "plants" throughout the house. My last location I came up with, I challenged my 18 & 21 yr. old daughters to find it (they have both been to the range with me, know the 4 safety rules, & instructed them that if found, to simply leave alone like they do the other 3 (unless needed), & to let me know). Told them what room it was in, & that it was no higher than eye-level. After 3 weeks of fail, they gave up & I had to show them where it was ... so it can be done. No one knows your house better than you do.

Now, as compensation for my consulting fees, I'll take one of the 3913's, as I need 1 last "plant" in my garage.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Never ever sell a gun. Ever.
    Badey and lowercase like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'd look at keeping "sorta" one of each type. Keep one 3913, the snub (M37) and the 6-shot .357 (M13). From the Glock-Bersa mix, pick one to keep, since you already have another compact 9, the 3913. Keep the .32 for the reason you mentioned (same as why I have one). That brings you down to 5, and you should have a good chunk of change or tradeability from the 4 you'd give up.

Just my $0.02!

^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or,
    Sell ONE of the 39's
    Keep 2A
    Keep #3
    Sell one of the Bersas.

If you need to sell one more, sell the Glock, as they are most easily replaced/plentiful.
    I would keep all your wheelie's and Two of your 39's, they are one of the greatest pistols Smith made(the Model 39 family/series).
    Would keep the KT .32 for pocket/deep conceal.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I'd lose one of the 3913's (Since you already have one, great guns though) and the Glock 26 since you don't carry it much anymore.

If you're looking to thin it out more than that, I'd choose between the Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, the 3953 and the 3913 and sell two of them...since they are very similar in action style. I'd also consider selling the 37. Definitely not the 13 3" though...I have one of those myself and wouldn't sell it for anything. It's a fun, fun range gun and is great for long carries on trips or as a HD gun.

That would leave you with one mid-size DA/SA firearm for general purpose carry, the BP9CC for thinner summer carry, the P32 for pocket carry when absolutely nothing else will work (or as a backup), and one very nicely sized, weighted, and pleasant to shoot .357 Magnum revolver. Because revolver.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

I'd keep the S&W 3913's and the Glock. The others could go, IMO. Good luck.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

If you get involved in a defensive incident, you will lose your gun(s) into evidence for quite some time. You might regret selling any of your guns then.

Unless you really need the money, keep them all.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

First off I wouldn't sell any at a loss but assuming I were in your shoes the Smith autos and Bersas would hit the street. That Glock 26 should carry about as well as your Bersa.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I don't think you can just "sell" a handgun can you? But you sure can trade 'em!

So? How many AR's do 'ya have?

I don't own any Bersa's, but if they are a dream to shoot, hang onto them. I would suggest the Model 37. Possibly the 3953. The last gun I sold, the decision was based on it being DAO. But the 3953 is stainless, and that is a weakness I have.
    I recently took my 3913 and Glock 26 to the range to make the EDC decision. I chose the Glock. I like the 3913, feels good in the hand, accurate. But I don't like decocking and having that first shot being DA.

Hope you decide and have no regrets. all the sales I have made, were based primarily on functionality issues. If there is a gun on the list that you may not enjoy shooting for one reason or another, put it to the top of the list.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links