Picked up a S&W Shield 9mm

This is a discussion on Picked up a S&W Shield 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the Tanner gun show early this morning in hopes of finding one. There were only two that I could find, one for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a S&W Shield 9mm

Picked up a S&W Shield 9mm

I went to the Tanner gun show early this morning in hopes of finding one. There were only two that I could find, one for $490 and the other for $450. I've been unable to locate one here in town for over a month. I picked up the one for $450 and only five minutes later the other one for $490 was gone as well.

Two shops here in town have waiting lists of over 20 people so I decided an extra $50 over the street price was worth it.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Takedown; September 23rd, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Ruger: SR9, SR9C
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the purchase! Easier to catch unicorns than get a hold of those shields.

Glad you found one. You will like it immensely. As scarce as they are, be glad you were able to get it at MSRP. They're others who have and will pay more for one until the demand for them subsides.

Great purchase. I got very lucky and traded my PPS at Gander Mountain (of all places) the 2nd week or so they were out. Love it.

Was gonna run by Tanner tomorrow, but will go to range instead. Fun to browse, but online prices are almost impossible to beat anymore. I like to spend money locally, but hard to with the attitude most vendors there carry. Still like going every so often.

Love, LOVE my Shield

Got mine for $400, but I would've considered it a good buy for $450. One of my all-time favorites.

Regards,
    Jim

Paid $427 for mine, waited 2 months. Been extremely happy with it, both at the range and as a carry firearm. Initially, the slide is a lot more stiff than i would expect, but that has worked itself out. Other than that, seating a loaded magazine on a closed slide is a lot more stiff than it should be, but it's not a huge deal. The good thing about a long wait is that every week you buy a box of ammo, and then when range day comes, have it it!

Very cool.

I paid $395 + tax for my first one, but had to pay $449 for my second. After 2 months of being on a list and looking everywhere, it was worth the extra $50.

Sounds like you did very well. Epecially as hard to find as the Shield is.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I officially hate you....uh, er, I mean, nice catch.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Argggg I've been waiting months!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    congrads on your new gun, there's a gun show here this weekend, still have money burning a hole in my pocket maybe I can find a score as well
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Just FYI -

My gun range just received 2 new full size 4-1/2 M&Ps in 9mm today. These new models come stock with night sights, 3 magazines, and best of all, the Shield trigger!!!! Bought a Shield the day they came out on April 12th and just love the trigger.

The night sights are apparently the same as on the 4-1/2" Pro model, which are fine for me. One of these has my name on it - should pick it up next week!

I knew they were going to put the Shield trigger in the FS some day, but didn't know it was happening now!!! I don't know of other models - .40 cal, .45 cal, compact, .357 Sig, etc but would assume they are either available now or "soon".

Tommato

How are these working out for people? I was looking for one back in the spring (& none were available) and then ended up needing to buy new mounted shooting revolvers (each costing more than a Shield) so the Shield is on hold indefinitely :-(

How are people liking them? What's good/not good?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Besides what I had posted above there is only one thing that is a pet peeve of mine I haven't yet mentioned. That is the spacer collar on the extended mag coming loose. I was hoping there'd be some sort of method in place to secure it. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with it both at the range and as I carry it IWB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links