Snagged a 23

This is a discussion on Snagged a 23 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had to. I had no choice. I mean really, it was there, a good price, and I even had a set of Ameriglos and a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Snagged a 23

Snagged a 23

Had to. I had no choice. I mean really, it was there, a good price, and I even had a set of Ameriglos and a horsehide Versa Max just waiting for it. How was I supposed to walk away, honey?

She didn't buy it.

But I sure did.
    zacii and Ranger45 like this.

2. Remove Ads

C'mon, I really want to believe ya, but

I'm real fond of my G23
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Here's something I've done in the past. When you add a new firearm to your collection, bring it home and put it somewhere outside of the normal place. Then about a week later take it out of hiding to clean. Then when your wife says "Did you get a new gun?" you can look her in the eye and say "oh this thing I've had it for a while" and not be lying. Works for me!!

Congrats on the 23.
    Ranger45 and iguanadon like this.

Congrats! I'd really love to add a 23 to the lineup here at home. As you lay on the couch tonight fondling your new Glock...just remember...forgiveness is always easier to get than permission (but sometimes it takes awhile!)
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Ah, anymore she just shakes her head and walks away. I could post some pics if you really need them, but I figured just about everyone has seen a Glock 23 Gen 4, and the VMII isn't brand new. It's been seeing G32 duty.

hard to beat a glock 23 as a primary carry gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I love my Sig's and 1911's, but for EDC it is very hard to beat such a lightweight, high capacity, compact, concealable gun. I had been away from GLOCKs for over a decade; forgot how nice it was to carry a 19/23 sized package.

Once you change out the tupaware sights they become the bee's knees. 10/8 Performance U Notch rear and brass bead front on mine and she really came alive.

Congrats on the 23. Yes we need to see pics or it didn't happen.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I have been wanting a 34 as of late. THough I do want an M&P as well. Just wish money wasn't so tight.

feel your pain. Had no intention to ever own a .40 anything. Very content with my 9mm and .45's. My local GS hada G23 with factory night sights and 3 mags at a price.....well
    the owner knows I know a deal. That was two years ago. Now several .40's are running around in my safe.....along with a few .357SIGs.

Luckily, I do not have to explain my spending habits to anyone.

Congratulations on probably the best power, capacity and size ratio carry gun made.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Anyone who acquires a G23 and spends the time and effort to become thoroughly acquainted with it will be happy with it, my opinion. I carry mine more than any other gun I own and I know it well enough to know that it and I will do what we need to do of I ever need it. I have full confidence in it.

Congrats!
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    So lets see some pictures?

I think the Glock 23 is the most versatile in their line. You can swap in 9mm and .357sig barrels. I love mine. I put some Hi Viz sights on and it really picks up on target really fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links