glock36 and xds - Page 2

glock36 and xds

This is a discussion on glock36 and xds within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a G36 and XD45. Love the Glock, haven't carried the XD in years!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: glock36 and xds

MJK
    I have a G36 and XD45. Love the Glock, haven't carried the XD in years!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I have a G36 and XD45. Love the Glock, haven't carried the XD in years!
    The XD .45 and the XDs .45 are radically different.

I had a G36 and now have an xds. The glock wasn't right, I cant put my finger on it but with how fat it was and not being able to get a flush mag really bothered me. I have an xds and it's super easy to conceal, and I have a better time shooting it over the glock. I have a glock 26 also so this isn't glock hate or fanboi ism's

I've had the pleasure of shooting both, and for me, the Glock 36 is the better shooting gun. Sure, the Xds is smaller, but I found it a bit too small for me. Could be that I have had a 36 for years and carry it quite often. For those who compare the 36 to the 19/23 as far as capacity andsimilar size; well; you're right there, but the 36 is just marginally slimmer in the grip and fits my hand like it was made for it. My finger falls right where it should on the trigger of the 36. I don't get the "pinky pinch" some have reported and my 36 has zero failures with a whole buncha rounds through it. The 36 is a purely defensive handgun designed for one specific thing; concealed carry. I know, love and would take a 19/23 anyday, (or a 26/27) and I think the whole XD line are fine, quality pistols, but given the choice, I choose the Glock 36. I have 7 rounds of BJHP readily available plus an extra 6 in a spare mag, all in a package that conceals perfectly, that I shoot well, and is utterly reliable and tougher than a two-dollar steak. What more could I ask for ? The only thing better than that might be avoiding having to use it!

When clothing permits I carry my g36 with a +1 mag extension that really completes the grip profile nicely.

Plus I get 7 +1 capacity wich for some reason sounds really familiar.

As to comparisons to the g19 family the difference in thickness is there. In fact the 36 is as much again thinner as a 19 is coompared to a 10/45 frame. Ime this is very noticeable on the hip.

the XDS vs G36 is an unfair comparison. hickock 45 on youtube did a more fitting comparison between the XDM45 compact(a gun I have the fortune of owning and loving) and G36. they are nearly identical in every way except the XDM is a little thinner and a little taller. the XDS is much more compact as it is a single stack design and much easier to conceal but it also has lower ammo capacity which, is pointless unless you expect to be fighting off an entire pack of BGs.

most Concealed carry situations only involve 1-2 shots, if you really need 9 shots instead of 6 then by all means get the glock but otherwise the XD-S is just a much smarter option and easier to conceal in warm weather.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Quote Originally Posted by Tahunua001 View Post
    the XDS vs G36 is an unfair comparison. hickock 45 on youtube did a more fitting comparison between the XDM45 compact(a gun I have the fortune of owning and loving) and G36. they are nearly identical in every way except the XDM is a little thinner and a little taller. the XDS is much more compact as it is a single stack design and much easier to conceal but it also has lower ammo capacity which, is pointless unless you expect to be fighting off an entire pack of BGs.

most Concealed carry situations only involve 1-2 shots, if you really need 9 shots instead of 6 then by all means get the glock but otherwise the XD-S is just a much smarter option and easier to conceal in warm weather.
    the glock36 is a single stack .45, and has a capacity of 6 +1. It is very comparable to the springfield xd-s in both size and MSRP.

So i picked up my xds friday, and was able to put 50rds though it a couple hours ago at the local indoor range. I am very happy with it. It is VERY easy to conceal,and i'm not a very big guy( 5.8", 170lbs). The recoil is very manageable for a very compact .45.

I plan on putting alot more rounds through it to really get it broke-in so i'll update again then. But overall i am very happy with my purchase.

VIP Member
    No dog in this fight, so I'll just sit right here behind the line and keep my yap shut.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

StarPD45
    The G36 is/was on my short list. Now I have another one to consider. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
    Sure wish I could afford to buy one of each. (sigh)

I've had a G36 for a couple years and I just don't care for it. Thinking of trading it in on a 1911.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Does it fit; mine does!

In many realms (motorcycles or handguns) the choice is a matter of fit: does it fit your need, fit your budget, fit your butt or palm, and fit your personal tastes! I have had experience with Glock 19, 23, and 36. The 19 was my constant companion for a dozen years but I wanted a 45 so bought the 36 with no regrets. It shoots to point of aim with serious accuracy. I have shot almost identical groups at five yards with the 36 and my S-A “loaded” 1911. I am sure the newest .45 from S-A is a winner but I do not easily part with old friends. Pro Deo et Patria

I agree. I have a G36. I love the way it shoots, but there are alot of simlar sized guns that make more sense (to me), like the G27.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Finding accessories for the G36 is more difficult than for their other models. I'm not that familiar with the Springfield.
    Not trying to confuse you more, but you might want to take a look at the Glock 23. It is a .40 Caliber with a capacity of
    14 rounds.

I like the fact that the G36 is dehorned for easier reholstering as compared to the G19, don't know about the XDS slide nose etc.

As to 6+1 G36 or 5+1 XDS, if you need to shoot ether one dry in one encounter you need more range time.

If you are going to war get a carbine or shotgun, but for EDC in good times ether pistol would be great.
    VBVAGUY likes this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links