First time with a Glock

This is a discussion on First time with a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cokeman I started with a Glock. What does that say for me? No soul?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: First time with a Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I started with a Glock. What does that say for me?
    No soul?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

Ouch.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Your experience sounds like mine. I found the Glock very comfortable to shoot, and I was very accurate with it. I now have a 19 (just about the perfect gun, I think) and a 27. For fun and accuracy in shooting, one of the Glock's is always my go-to gun.

Had a G23 Gen4, it was my first handgun purchase for cc , could not hit the broad side of a barn with it. Now that I have bought several other handguns mostly 1911's and a couple of revolvers I have to re-think my choice of an everyday carry pistol. Was at the LGS and that G26 felt mighty fine in my hands. Made me stop and think before I purchased a Kahr K9 which, I did not buy! Dam, I know there ugly and nothing fancy to them, but all the people who love them cant be wrong, can they??

I do love my 1911's but carring 3lbs on my hip can get old!!!

I have been trying to CC my Springfield 1911. Tucked. What a pants puller-downer!

I have been anti-Glock for almost 20 years- the no safety thing. Last week i put my hands on a Glock 27. It felt great in the hand, and more importantly it pointed naturally. So I bought it. Shot it yesterday. For a short barrel, I could group very well at 15 yards standing. I know it's the shooter and not the gun, but I was really impressed! I am going to install the NY-1 trigger to make it a DAO feel, and this one is staying with me forever. Can't believe I waited this long! I'm converted.
    bigmacque likes this.

You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Caertaker and Ionracas like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I guess there has been a few of us with similar experiences. Being a 1911 guy myself, I didn't like the plastic gun AKA, Glock. Friday I shot one and I was instantly scratching my head thinking, damn, I was wrong about this gun. I also shot a XD and also loved the darn thing, was a little more accurate with the XD though. Both awsome guns!

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I've shot them a plenty, but don't own any. I've considered buying one but I can never bring myself to do it because they have a bit of an unnatural feel for me. But then I have some guns that others don't like. If the ergonomics fit you, then by all means. From what I have read they are a one heck of a gun.
    Have you tried the adjustable backstraps on the Gen 4's? Granted my first and (so far) only gun is a Gen 4 Glock, I have been shooting them and other guns for a while. I found them much more comfortable with the large backstrap, my accuracy increased some also.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I bought and shot my first Glock yesterday G23 .40 cal it's the easiest gun to just pick up and shoot that I have ever tried. Now I'm sold on them.

I've been a firm believer in Glock. Considering my old man carried his 22 for years as a LEO, I consider them reliable.

I currently have a Ruger LCP, but my next gun will be a Glock 26.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by medcheese View Post
    I have been trying to CC my Springfield 1911. Tucked. What a pants puller-downer!

I have been anti-Glock for almost 20 years- the no safety thing. Last week i put my hands on a Glock 27. It felt great in the hand, and more importantly it pointed naturally. So I bought it. Shot it yesterday. For a short barrel, I could group very well at 15 yards standing. I know it's the shooter and not the gun, but I was really impressed! I am going to install the NY-1 trigger to make it a DAO feel, and this one is staying with me forever. Can't believe I waited this long! I'm converted.
    I often carry my Springfield micro compact .45, usually in a Remora in my cargo pants pocket but occaisonally on the belt in a nice rgrizzle leather rig. It does get heavy, but sometimes that heft is also reassuring.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I was 63 when I purchased my first Glock -- a Gen 4 G 19. I've purchased several other weapons since including a G 36. Neither have given me a problem. Both are as accurate as my eyes and hand make them
    Yep...I'm no longer a whipper-snapper, either. Shot one 25 yrs ago...not for me. Waited until I shot a Gen 4 22 - loved the new texture...of course, waiting 25 years got me a gun with a recall on the RAS, but I loved it so much, had to have another...and I'm thinking about replacing a 3rd caliber, too. They just do the job.

Glocks have babies. Be careful they multiply!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Glocks have babies. Be careful they multiply!
    That is hilarious! Well played and oh so true.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    welcome to the darkside
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links