First time with a Glock - Page 3

First time with a Glock

This is a discussion on First time with a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hated Glock back in the early 90's....had to have a cool looking gun (whatever that is). Strictly a diet of DA/SA steel guns. then I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: First time with a Glock

Orlando, Florida
    hated Glock back in the early 90's....had to have a cool looking gun (whatever that is). Strictly a diet of DA/SA steel guns.

then I fired a Glock at the range. It became perfectly clear why they were so popular. Very accurate, short trigger reset made rapid fire a pure dream.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

VIP Member
    I had no opinion of Glock one way or the other. I think there were 6 or 7 folks like me in the hand gunning world and in the no opinion category. Everyone else seems to have picked a camp. Having never played with one there was no reason to opine. Yeah, I'm old school and my autos have safeties. Every time I sweep the safety of one of my wheel guns, it isn't there. Again. So I could get past that pretty easily. If I get a Glock, at least I can add a new decal to the door of my beer fridge. There's that.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Moderator Central
    What I don't understand is why you GLOCKHEAD guys post pictures of them.

Nice PIC! Here is a PIC of mine!

Great PIC! I Love Mine! Here is a photo of it.

Sweet! Nice looking GLOCK. Here is a PIC of the one I just bought!

Just kidding/Just Kidding.
    10thmtn likes this.

I own a SIG P226,\ and the new Springfield XDS--which after the first box of ammo and subsequent cleaning has had NO FF or FE, btw. My next gun will be a S&W686 357 and than I will purchase a glock. The glock and springfield xds-45 will be exclusively for conceal carry because I will not mind damaging them nor getting them confiscated if I have to shoot someone. Both are just tools while the others are range guns and something pretty to look at.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

South Carolina
    It is sad to see that no one here likes the poor little Glock.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just bought a G30 sf and the more I hold/carry/shoot it the more I like it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 1911. A lot. The Glock is the hammer to put on the tool belt. But it's one of the best hammers I've ever used!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links