Using a LCR .22 as a training tool.

This is a discussion on Using a LCR .22 as a training tool. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think that is one of the best things about LCR. You can buy the 22 and the 38. Shoot the 22 alot for cheap, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Using a LCR .22 as a training tool.

I think that is one of the best things about LCR. You can buy the 22 and the 38. Shoot the 22 alot for cheap, shoot the 38 for practice and to carry. Makes a great training platform I would think.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    I think that is one of the best things about LCR. You can buy the 22 and the 38. Shoot the 22 alot for cheap, shoot the 38 for practice and to carry. Makes a great training platform I would think.
    That's why I asked about the trigger... my girlfriend has an LCR.38, but she's really recoil sensitive, so she doesn't like to practice with it. If the triggers are similar enough, I'll be all over it.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

While I like the idea, I'm not sure if the .22 really is a good substitute for the .38. The trigger might be similar, but the recoil is not; the number of trigger pulls until empty is not; and the reload is not. You're getting practice on the trigger pull and sight picture, which you can also do with dry firing the .38. Snap caps can help you practice the reload.

Nothing wrong with getting the .22 LCR - I'm just questioning how much training value it has that can translate over to the .38.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

As long as you keep the relative function of the gun similar, I think it's an advantage. It also helps muscle memory. But, still shoot with what you carry ... at least some to be able to deal with the recoil factor, limp wristing, etc. that you wouldn't have with a .22 cal.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links