Finished my glock but.....LOL...

This is a discussion on Finished my glock but.....LOL... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gen 3 Glock that I removed the finger grooves, added trijicon nights, crimson trace laser grips, stippled the grip and laser, added the plug to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Finished my glock but.....LOL...

Gen 3 Glock that I removed the finger grooves, added trijicon nights, crimson trace laser grips, stippled the grip and laser, added the plug to the grip, did a slight trigger job (just smoothing out edges), took the "steps" off the trigger and stippled it. This thing is awesome, accurate, lightwieght, reliable everything you could ask for. Anyone else do this? The holster in the pic I made. It works great and is my primary carry holster. But why the hell do I have to start liking the HK P30 now. LMAO.

downloadfile-3.jpg

That is awesome. Yours seem to resolve the few things I didn't like. P30's follow you home when you hold them. I'm trying not to hold one.

Well...um...ah...err...<cough>...

Not my cup o'tea (looks like you shot it with birdshot), but if it works for ya, then that's what matters.

GunTrooper likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

AOK
    Very nice stipple job!

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    interesting ... how long did it take you to do the stippling? the grip looks like it would feel like a cheese grater

do you carry it on a paracord hanging around your neck like a necklace-charm?

glock-bling/19 now that's the way to OC

I'd like to see the trigger job take off the holster ...... very interesting

Thanks all for the responses.

The grinding of the finger grooves took the longest cause I didnt want to take too much material off. All said and done I would say about an hour and a half to two hours. I just used a wood burning tool that I sharpened the tip. I have had people tell me it feels like a pumice stone or like a chunk of coral. It does not slip. Para cord is used to secure the holster to the belt, in doing so it makes sure the gun stays put and when I draw the gun the holster stays behind. Saw a few companies making them and I figured what the heck so I make them for friends and relatives that carry.

I am taking my kid to school and then going to work. I will try to post a pic of the trigger as soon as I can.

I like it. I'm not clear how that holster works tho, any chance of a pic with you wearing the gun in that holster?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    My Glock 30 grip is stock, and it doesn't slip in the sweaty humidity of S. FL., so I don't get the need for stippling. As I always say, it's your to do as you wish. But it looks like you did it with a wood buring tool.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

OD*
    Looks real good.

For me personally, the stippling is a handling improvement on all the Glocks, with the exception of the Gen4s.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Looks good. I stipple all of my Glocks, I use a modified tip now so I have a different pattern. After a lifetime of outdoor work, I have rough hands and polymer feels slick in my hands.

The holster is really quite simple, as you can see it snaps over the trigger guard, completely covering the trigger. The cord is wrapped once over your belt and thru itself like an overhand knot. The gun is then placed IWB secured by belt tension and the cord. When you draw the weapon the holster snaps off.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Beautiful job! I made 5 or 6 holes ahead of the take-down lever with a punch for my left thumb to aquire....my stones are NOT big enough to do what you did(LOL).
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    yes that is very cool... I'd like to see a pic of the grip and your method and place you carry it... Thanks!
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I have a P30 and several small frame glocks. The P30 is sweet to shoot and feels better in the hand. However, I still carry my glocks and leave the P30 parked in the safe...go figure
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

It would be really nice if Glock made a pistol with no finger grooves but the rail as it seems many people love their guns. The finger grooves seem to be the most unwanted feature of the gun. I would recommend they get rid of them and I am sure they would start hearing less about the complaints about ergonomics. I love my Glocks but the 19 feels good in my hand but not as good as the fullsize. The finger grooves of the 19 don't fit my hand perfectly like they do on the 17 and 26.

Thanks guys I will try to get some more detailed pictures for you as requested. I too wish Glock would lose the finger grooves which I removed cause they did not fit my hand well.

As far as the grip is concerned I did fairly fine stippling on the under side of the trigger guard and the front strap. I was a little more coarse on the sides followed by a very agressive stipple on the back. The area under the laser is left alone. If I remove it I will finish it. The laser was stippled by just tapping it lightly with the wood burning tool to give it a HK type of stippling similar to a P30. I also rounded the edges of the trigger guard where it come into contact with the middle finger of my firing hand just for a little comfort for long agressive shooting sessions.

The holsters I use I usually make myself. I prefer to carry in between the 3 and 4 o'clock position. The holster shown I can carry appendix carry from time to time but not my preferred mode of carry. I like this holster for IWB cause it is small and if I need to get rid of my gun cause I am not allowed to carry some place I have one in my car that I can take the gun off and secure it in another no need to take a holster off. I like that alot..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links