Help me spend my money?!

This is a discussion on Help me spend my money?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 Can't help you with the pocket pistol, but for a .22 I'd recommend a revolver. Good idea but we have an ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me spend my money?!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Can't help you with the pocket pistol, but for a .22 I'd recommend a revolver.
    Good idea but we have an old H&R 9 shot single action already. And she has shot it, but likes the auto better. I'm not willing to spend the $438 on a 2" LCR22 when I can get a more accurate shooting longer barreled gun. Will look into the Ruger mk111 and 22/45's also.

Did some more research and YouTube videos and am leaning towards a P3AT now for my BUG. They are $263.

2. Remove Ads

One thing you have to remember about small 380's, they are hit and miss in terms of reliability. I purchased the P3AT a few years back as a bug, and i could not get it to fire through an entire magazine... even after going to the gunsmith. Thats not to say you cannot get one that will be perfect, but i found the best backup to my snub 642 was a snub 442... same caliber, easy carry in pocket, ankle, hip, etc. Good luck.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Keltec PF-9 9mm with hard chrome finish $287 (I carry one daily as a BUG in my pocket)
    Bersa Thunder .22 $279 (great little PPK clone in .22)

by my math that leaves you $234 to apply to transfer fees to your FFL and towards the Cricket.

Kel-Tec 7 + 1 Round 9MM w/3" Barrel/Blue Polymer Grips/Chrom $289.00 SHIPS FREE

Bersa T22DT Thunder 22 22 Long Rifle 3.5" 10+1 Checkered Bla $279.00 SHIPS FREE
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    You need a small .380 for that application. I'd go with a Sig P238. It weighs about 15 ounces empty, is quite small and flat, and is reliable. It will be less than $800. I'd load it with Buffalo Bore +P ammo, giving you close to 300 ft-lbs of energy.

My wife wants a Sig. She may like this one!
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Keltec PF-9 9mm with hard chrome finish $287 (I carry one daily as a BUG in my pocket)
    Bersa Thunder .22 $279 (great little PPK clone in .22)

by my math that leaves you $234 to apply to transfer fees to your FFL and towards the Cricket.

Kel-Tec 7 + 1 Round 9MM w/3" Barrel/Blue Polymer Grips/Chrom $289.00 SHIPS FREE

Bersa T22DT Thunder 22 22 Long Rifle 3.5" 10+1 Checkered Bla $279.00 SHIPS FREE
    Funny, last week they had a PF9 for $225 at my LGS. I looked at it but didn't have the cash at the time. I'm not ordering from anywhere, I'm buying local where I can feel and see what I'm buying.

I haven't seen a Bersa in a .22? My wife has a Thunder 380 and it's a great gun. I will see if they have one.

I just checked online at my LGS, they have the nickel Bersa .22 for $290. Definetly going to look at them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jjxj View Post
    I just checked online at my LGS, they have the nickel Bersa .22 for $290. Definetly going to look at them!
    $290 for the nickel model is a good price.

not sure if you are aware of this site, but since I own quite a few Bersas in various calibers, its one of my frequent shopping hangouts.
    Very good company to buy Bersa stuff from as accessories are a tad hard to find at regular gun stores.

Your one-stop shop for all things Bersa and Firestorm
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'd be looking for a Baby Browning. A little more money, but then it's not a throw away either. A sound shooting investment. A the quality is unsurpassed.
    Colt Commander LW. I think shooting twice is just plain silly.

Sig Sauer P238. Easy choice.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Since doing more research on the Bersa .22 it makes perfect sense. My wife has her CC permit and owns a Bersa Thunder 380. And last weekend my daughter shot 5 rds through it. The .22 version would be perfect practice for the wife and my daughter can handle it. LGS has the nickel model for $290.

Well our shopping spree went well. We looked at so many guns it made my head spin. Lol

I wasn't 100% sure on my decision but I went for a KT P3AT for my deep conceal BUG. Now after putting over 100 rds through it I'm glad I purchased it. It shoots nice and is accurate for what it is. And best of all it falls into a front or back pocket and you don't know it's there. :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349096879.903216.jpg

And out of all of the .22's we looked at, my son liked the Ruger 22/45 Lite the best. The kids put a couple hundred rds through it and love it!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349096967.360926.jpg

StarPD45
    You are using a pocket holster for the P3AT, right? Not that I really have to ask.

Whipped one up quick for now. Great in back or front pocket. Same goes for my 642 when I don't have it in my own made kydex/leather IWB holster. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349379301.040263.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349379324.001632.jpg

Personally I can't understand why anyone would want to carry anything smaller than a 642. My pocket J frame is a 357 640 only because it's all steel. I carry it in a Mikas pocket holster, great carry weapon, but that's just me.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Nano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links