Help me spend my money?!

This is a discussion on Help me spend my money?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by roninmd Personally I can't understand why anyone would want to carry anything smaller than a 642. My pocket J frame is a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me spend my money?!

Quote Originally Posted by roninmd View Post
    Personally I can't understand why anyone would want to carry anything smaller than a 642. My pocket J frame is a 357 640 only because it's all steel. I carry it in a Mikas pocket holster, great carry weapon, but that's just me.
    As the OP says, was looking for a BUG to the 642. Thanks for your comments anyways. :)

2. Remove Ads

My TCP has never had a FTF/FTE in 1200+ rounds. Shoots like a dream and a child can handle the recoil. $190 new.

Quote Originally Posted by roninmd View Post
    Personally I can't understand why anyone would want to carry anything smaller than a 642. My pocket J frame is a 357 640 only because it's all steel. I carry it in a Mikas pocket holster, great carry weapon, but that's just me.
    Because everyone has their own needs and wants when it comes to them carrying.

I like my Sig P938.

I recently picked up a "used" KelTec P32 as a BUG to my S&W 37 snub. The S&W generally rides on my ankle, but if attire allows, it also rides OWB on occasion. I found the P32 to be a perfect back-pocket gun, and with a flat back-pocket holster it fills that role very well. 32 acp is not cheap, but as a BUG that gets occasional (monthly) work-outs at the range, it is carried way more than it would ever be shot.

Got it for $150, and it replaced a Beretta 950 in 25 acp. While the Beretta was accurate and dependable, it was a bit too thick for back-pocket carry (comfortably) and the .25 cartridge leaves a lot to be desired for penetration. The Beretta was also Single-action, requiring cocking the hammer when drawn in order to fire...

The KelTec is DAO, flatter, and lighter, due mainly to its' polymer construction. For me, it was a great option for a BUG with better than marginal penetration capability, and still light/small/flat enough to toss in my back pocket and go about my day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links