Help me spend my money?!

This is a discussion on Help me spend my money?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This should be fun. I have "around" $800 I can put towards gun fund. First off I CC a 642 everyday with no issues. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me spend my money?!

Help me spend my money?!

This should be fun. I have "around" $800 I can put towards gun fund.

First off I CC a 642 everyday with no issues. I was looking for a smaller pocket pistol I can throw in left pocket and forget it's there. A BUG.

My LGS has a Kel Tech P-11 in OD for $225! Hardly used. Or several P-3AT's for I believe $265 new. Or are there any other options?

Now my other problem is my 8 yo daughter loves shooting grandpa's Ruger SR22. I want a 22 pistol of our own, but can't see buying another SR.

And lastly $145 of this is already buying my little girl a black/purple laminated .22 cricket. :)

Planning on going this Friday to purchase. Want to help???

2. Remove Ads

Sig P238

You need a small .380 for that application. I'd go with a Sig P238. It weighs about 15 ounces empty, is quite small and flat, and is reliable. It will be less than $800. I'd load it with Buffalo Bore +P ammo, giving you close to 300 ft-lbs of energy.

Poseidon and 380ACP like this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Tough post. If you want a true "pocket gun," there are several small .380s out there with plenty of reviews to browse. For $800, I'm sure you can find one and have plenty of money left over for a .22 handgun, which I think everyone should have. It's great to hear grandpa and daughter can have a great day shooting.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Ruger LCP - 12 oz loaded. ~ $300 new

Ruger LCR ~ 16 oz loaded ~ $400 new

Or another S&W snubbie
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    You can get the Sig 238 for around $500 and still have money left for a .22 pistol
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have a Kel Tec p3at and like it just fine. The Ruger LCP is a little more refined but also a little more money, but not much. When I was in the market for a .380 the LCP was brand new and I couldn't find one so went with the 3at...and I like it and have had zero problems.

I also just bought the sr22, but seeing you want something different, then you can't go wrong with the Ruger target pistols. Ususally can find a good 22/45 in the $250-260 range.

I don't want to spend all of it on one gun. As stated $145 is spoken for. And want a .22 for the kids.

I've shot an LCP, the Kel Tech is cheaper...especially the P11 and its 9mm. But need to see how size compares to the 380's.

Don't want another snub either.

Keep em coming!

Kahr P380 or PM9

Thanks for letting us spend your money for you. I like doing that. Get an LCR .357.

Kahr's will kill my budget of trying to fit three guns in the $800. :(

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Let go with a LCR in 22LR and .38 Special/.357. That way both you and your daughter can pratice with the same pistol. When she get older she can also use the LCR 38 Special/.357 as her carry as you'll have move on to a new pistol.

EDIT try looking for a used LCR in 38 Special/.357!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

^^^^^ At first this sounded good, but my daughter is only 8 and she handles a small auto better than I think she would an LCR22. Plus I'm not losing my Smith anytime soon, I like carrying it.

I'm not trying to move "up" in carry from my snubby, want to ad a BUG in a front pocket just because.

VIP Member
    Can't help you with the pocket pistol, but for a .22 I'd recommend a revolver.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Since you're looking for a BUG to your revolver, I would recommend another revolver as that's what you're used to carrying. Best option, in my opinion, is an LCR. It has the best trigger of any revolver of its size and can be had for less than most quality revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jjxj View Post
    I've shot an LCP, the Kel Tech is cheaper...especially the P11 and its 9mm. But need to see how size compares to the 380's.
    This might help you a little on a comparison: http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf
    Glock Certified Armorer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links