Tell me about your DB9

This is a discussion on Tell me about your DB9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you that have a Diamondback DB9 please tell me what you think of it,is it reliable?,easy to take apart?,will it shoot almost ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: Tell me about your DB9

Tell me about your DB9

For those of you that have a Diamondback DB9 please tell me what you think of it,is it reliable?,easy to take apart?,will it shoot almost anything you put in it?and how is the recoil?
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

2. Remove Ads

I shot my friends DB9, and liked it alot. Felt recoil was tremendous, even for a 9. I was putting nice size groups downrange, but am sorry, i cannot help you with how easy it was to take apart. I think they are a great gun, and my friend carries his all the time... pocket carry mostly, but he also has an OWB holster for it.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

AOK
    I owned one for about 6 months and it was okay. I only put a couple hundred rounds through her. The first 50 rounds were flawless. The balance started to have some feeding issues on occasion. I used WWB and Federal.

As mentioned, a quite a bit of recoil (even with just some fmj's). Not surprising though based on such a small package. I ended up selling it and picking up a Kahr CM9 for $75 more and wish I would have just did that earlier.

As for field stripping it is very easy, just like a Glock.

May I ask how you intend to carry it?

If I remember correctly if I had a full mag and racked the slide it would often not feed properly. I know the recoil spring has a lot of tension but so does my Kahr CM9 and I don't have any issues with that firearm.

Guys - from someone who has BT and DT (pocket 9 pistols)...just get a snubbie revolver. You can thank me later.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I don't own one but had the opportunity to put 50 rounds through one at the range. Recoil is pretty stout but manageable. I did have two FTF out of 50 and though I liked the compact nature of the gun I really don't have an interest in purchasing one.

I did switch to carrying a snubbie and 10thmtn offers good advice.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

It will not shoot anything you put in it:

DB9 catastrophic failure - YouTube

Now they were shooting +P and which the gun does not support. However it was enough to keep me away. I don't have confidence in that gun. It felt cheap and unrefined.

It is prone to FTF and FTE due to limp wristing. I had no problems with my wife's, but she's had a few issues so far. Putting a couple hundred rounds through is supposed to help with it, but I haven't had the time to take it back out yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

I am not expert, not do I claim to be, but looking at the way the barrel split in the middle, to *ME* it looks like a squib caused that. Again this is just my opinion. When the Diamondback DB9 first came out there were many users that have fired +P ammo through it without any problems, there are some other videos of some other users shooting +P and even +P+ ammot throught it without any problems. Also when designing a gun or barrel does not it have to go through some testing with so called proof loads that are more than the pressures encounter with +P and +P+ ??? Again I am not an expert. Remember Ruger does not recommend +P ammo through the LCP and I believe LC9 yet that does not make it a bad gun or design, and yet people still fire +P ammo in it on occasion. My opinion is that Diamondback and Ruger just put the disclaimer in there to cover their a$$, especially in this litigation-happy society we now live in. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    It will not shoot anything you put in it:

DB9 catastrophic failure - YouTube

Now they were shooting +P and which the gun does not support. However it was enough to keep me away. I don't have confidence in that gun. It felt cheap and unrefined.

Diamondback is about 50 miles from Orlando, and when they were having issues when the DB9 was introduced, the owner/Presidente' of Diamondback visited several gun stores I frequent and
    assured the owners of the gun stores that the issues were being corrected. Per discussion with my favorite local GS, that sells a ton of DB9's, they are only occasionally having a pistol returned for repairs.
    Diamondback is a good, young company and I hear their customer service is good. Hopefully, the DB9 is good to go now, as the reliability issues are 12-18 months in the past.
    Please remember that an 11 oz 9mm is not a 35 oz Beretta M9. Like my Keltec PF-9, it is most likely a "special" child that needs extra care both while shooting and in maintenance. If you don't have the patience
    for that type pistol, there are other good options.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Thanks for all the info everybody!!
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Links