Taurus PT-111 Range Report 9mm

This is a discussion on Taurus PT-111 Range Report 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Earlier this week I purchased a brand new Taurus PT-111 9mm. I was looking for something smaller than my Ruger P95. I did a lot ...

Thread: Taurus PT-111 Range Report 9mm

Taurus PT-111 Range Report 9mm

Earlier this week I purchased a brand new Taurus PT-111 9mm. I was looking for something smaller than my Ruger P95. I did a lot of research and ended up getting this gun because it fit my hand well and was a great price ($299). I read a few reviews that said it was a good gun and after taking it to the range, I agree.

This afternoon I put about 150 rounds of Winchester Target rounds through it. All in all, it was a very nice shooting gun. For a weapon that has not completed its breakin period and a shooter that is trying to get used to a smaller grip, its accuracy was very good. I really enjoyed the Heine sights and the recoil was easily handled (as are most 9mm). I personally really like the looks of the gun, but wish they could put Millenium in slightly smaller letters. The gun is incredibly light, for its size and holds 12 rounds. Once the break in period is done, I am going to run some +P rounds since that is what I am planning on carrying.

There are a few things I didn't like, none are major and most are my fault. First, where the magazine release is located it is very easy for me to release the mag when I don't intend to. I dropped the mag out accidently, more than once (actually at least five times). This is a simple fix, I just need to adjust my grip. Another thing that was tough was loading the magazine. It is incredibly tight, but I expect this to loosen with time, which it is already beginning to do. It was much easier to load towards the end.

As far as grouping, I could get it to group about the size of my fist from 7 yards. I am shooting to the lower-left, but am not sure if my sights need adjustment or if I am pulling. The trigger is a nice smooth SA. I have heard some say it is gritty, mine was not. I guess that is about it. I have included a pic (the PT-111 is the gun at the bottom). If anyone wants more info, just ask.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by P95Carry; September 29th, 2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Spaced into para's

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for the feedback - I have yet to try any Taurus semi's so, useful to have some input always.

I spaced your post into para's - easier to read
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thx

Senior Moderator
    Thanks,
    I was thinking about one of these. With your good reveiw I have another gun to chose from in the "next gun" cater gory

Links