Live & learn: Glocks to sigs!

This is a discussion on Live & learn: Glocks to sigs! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I just got rid of my last Glock (26; had previously sold a custom 19) and have the Sigs listed below. The neat thing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Live & learn: Glocks to sigs!

Well, I just got rid of my last Glock (26; had previously sold a custom 19) and have the Sigs listed below. The neat thing about the 2SUM is that it is two frames, but one gun! According to the ATFE, the so-called chassis/trigger assembly is THE GUN. I didn't know this and thought I could get another trigger to avoid switching out each time I wanted to use the other frame. Ignorant me! But after a little practice, the change over is simple and easy to accomplish. The first trip to the range I found the reg. size frame of the 250 to be much more accurate than I ever was with the G19 and it had less recoil! The compact frame also seemed to have less recoil than the G 26, but it took some time before I could figure what my grip needed to be to get on target. All in all, I am VERY happy with the Sigs and am glad I got them. Glocks are still great guns, but I guess I just had to try the Sig route to find the ones I really felt better owning. As many have said, " To Each His/Her Own.
    stancehold likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I've dry fired the Sig P250, and was impressed. If I was starting over, I would seriously consider it. The reset is better on the Glock trigger IMHO, but the P250 is still a nice pistol.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I love my Sig P250's, I recently switched from my Glock 23 and 27 to my 2sum in 9mm that I have had for a while. I changed for a few reasons, number 1 being I like the ergos of the Sig a whole lot better than the Glock. I recently had to send my 2sum back to Sig due to some light primer strikes. I only had 3-4 but looking at the fired primers they didn't look nearly as deep as they should be, and I wanted to get it fixed before it became a real problem. When I bought it at the time the gun shop did not tell me that it was a used gun, when I called Sig they told me that it was used and it was in the shop for light primer strikes before. After talking to the C/S guy he sent me a shipping label and said they would fix it for me at no cost. Six days later I received the pistol back, they gave me a new fire control unit (trigger system for those who are not familiar with the P250), stripped down both of the slides and gave me all new parts along with new night sights. Talk about great customer service on Sigs part. There was a lot of reports of early P250s having failure to fires due to light primer strikes and some extractor issues. Seems that Sig has fixed all the issues they had back in 2009-10 with those issues and ATF and Air Marshall tests when they were looking for new pistols. The P250 is not for everyone, and some will not like the long DAO or the full release to reset the trigger, however those revolver shooters who want to step up to an automatic but don't want relearn a new action will likely like the P250. All and all other than the one hick up I had which Sig fixed, the Sig P250 has been rock solid for me with over 5000 rounds.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I would like a P250 or P229R DAK in .357 SIG, but as a former SIG owner, they tend to sit high in my hands.

A CZ or Glock sits much lower and I can get into the sights faster.

were you drinking just prior to making this decision? A SIG 250 for a Glock 26? I think you need to change your screen name to "Silly Boy".

just kiddin' ya. Glad you found something you like....but you'll be back to the Glockside.
    PIMking likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Some people like Glocks and some don't (I am firmly planted in the "I do" category). The world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the exact same things. Glad Sigs are "doing it" for you.

Glad you found a pistol(s) that work out for you, but I get a chuckle whenever I hear someone question the accuracy of Glocks, or pretty much any other major manufacturer weapon.

I have Glocks and Sigs. I like both but find I carry the G27 most of the time. Glad you found a system that you're happy with.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I have both. Glocks are plenty accurate, and I shoot them faster than my SIGs. Must be the dreaded grip angle. Took some getting used to, but seems to agree with me. I carry them (19, 23, and 32) a lot.

But my SIGs are my favorites. They are extremely accurate. I have a pair of 229s, an E2 40 and an Enhanced Elite 9. I carry them a lot, too. Used to have a Stainless Elite 226, but that thing was like carrying a cannonball. I need to get another 226.

After owning and shooting both, I have come to the conclusion that both are about as good as you can do. I give the nod to SIGs, but that's just personal preference.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You, sir, are forever banned from the Glock forums!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I bought a P250c 9mm when they were first introduced. Nice pistols! I eventually sold mine to fund the purchase of my second Glock 19 !
    zonker1986 likes this.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I have both. Glocks are plenty accurate, and I shoot them faster than my SIGs. Must be the dreaded grip angle.
    Having owned both, I would say it has more to do with bore axis and the differences in trigger systems than the grip angle. SIGs can be ran just as fast, just as accurate as a Glock if you put in the work.

Sometimes you can find people that are parting out their P250 and will sell the FCU-Fire Control Unit seperately, however you will need to pick it up at your FFL since this is the registered part. God Bless
    Philly Boy likes this.

Waiting for "Neither is as good as _____" in 3.... 2....

I own a few 250s and for quite a while carried a 250 subcompact in 40 cal. I've since moved on to something lighter and thinner for EDC, but, I haven't lost my loyalty to the 250. All my 250s have been flawless, and it still astounds me how you can convert the gun to something completely different (caliber/size) and the gun doesn't skip a beat nor does it lose point of impact or accuracy. Good choice phillyboy ...enjoy it.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links