G19 or G23...That is the question. - Page 3

G19 or G23...That is the question.

This is a discussion on G19 or G23...That is the question. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sold my 23 to buy a 19....works better for me....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: G19 or G23...That is the question.

Sold my 23 to buy a 19....works better for me.

i went withthe 19 - easier to handle and more capacity. Welcome to getting older! At 58, it just works better for me.

The 23 can be easily converted to a 9mm Luger with a conversion barrel and mag, or to a 357 with only an OEM barrel. For that reason, I would lean towards the 23 (or a 32), as for a very reasonable additional price, you can shoot more than one cartridge. The 19--you can't do that with.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I carry at 23 but either one will serve you well
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I carry a G23. I love it. Having said that, it's my personal belief that the G19 is one of the best all-around fighting platforms out there.

Either way your a winner and good-to-good me thinks.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I carry my G19 everywhere I legally can and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have a 19, and love it. My brother has the 23, he likes that model. Shoot both before you buy.

Would you rather drive a new BMW M3 a new Porsche 911? Actually, it worse than that, would you rather drive a new Corvette with a manual or automatic transmission? Picking between a G19 & a G23 is like deciding which twin sister to date because one...has shorter hair. IMHO, the G19 is the MVP of the All-Star GLOCK line-up. But it's a pure coin toss!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    The 23 can be easily converted to a 9mm Luger with a conversion barrel and mag, or to a 357 with only an OEM barrel. For that reason, I would lean towards the 23 (or a 32), as for a very reasonable additional price, you can shoot more than one cartridge. The 19--you can't do that with.
    I can get 9mm ammo delivered to my door for about $200 per case. Why would I want to convert to higher-priced, harder-to-find alternatives which do essentially the same job?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    G-19 best Glock ever made

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    G-19 best handgun ever made
    There, I fixed it for you.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I have noticed there is a glut of used .40 cal trade ins that are easy (an cheap) to obtain but I had to search long and hard for a slightly used G19. There must be a rationale for dumping the .40 caliber and I think it may be ammo cost and availability.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I've owned them both and most recently owned a Gen 4 Model 23. I added a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and four KCI (Korean) magazines for about $150 so I could shoot both calibers. For me and many others, that was all the modification required --- it cycled the 9mm rounds just as well as the .40 caliber and provided another option. My only drawback was that the 9mm barrel moved me into the ESP division in IDPA, so I decided to go back to the Model 26 (Gen 4) because my past experience with that model has been so great over the last 7-8 years and Massad Ayoob has documented their accuracy as being even better than larger models due to a number of factors.

Good luck in your decision making process.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird.40 View Post
    I've owned them both and most recently owned a Gen 4 Model 23. I added a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and four KCI (Korean) magazines for about $150 so I could shoot both calibers. For me and many others, that was all the modification required --- it cycled the 9mm rounds just as well as the .40 caliber and provided another option. My only drawback was that the 9mm barrel moved me into the ESP division in IDPA, so I decided to go back to the Model 26 (Gen 4) because my past experience with that model has been so great over the last 7-8 years and Massad Ayoob has documented their accuracy as being even better than larger models due to a number of factors.

Good luck in your decision making process.
    so why ppl use glock 34,35 for competition and not a glock 26 ??????

23. no brainer. then just buy one of these:

Storm Lake Barrels GLOCK 23 9mm Conversion Barrel, 4.02", Stainless
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links