Glock 23 Gen 4 (pics for unbelievers)

This is a discussion on Glock 23 Gen 4 (pics for unbelievers) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, here are the pics you guys demanded. Sorry for poor quailty, as I am terrible with computers and worse with cameras: http://imageshack.us/a/img688/8168/img0022iqm.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img820/9344/img0024bw.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img339/108/img0025nv.jpg ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Glock 23 Gen 4 (pics for unbelievers)

Glock 23 Gen 4 (pics for unbelievers)

OK, here are the pics you guys demanded. Sorry for poor quailty, as I am terrible with computers and worse with cameras:

http://imageshack.us/a/img688/8168/img0022iqm.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img820/9344/img0024bw.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img339/108/img0025nv.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/9211/img0026zfg.jpg

The holster is a Versa Max II horsehide I got about two months ago. Now that TGS sells 55BN holsters, I expect I will grab one of them as well.

2. Remove Ads

Nice!
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Nice indeed, I think I prefer the rear sight on the Gen 3 over the Gen 4

you have impeccable taste in both guns and holsters........

...except mine is a Gen 3.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'm sorry I doubted you.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    Nice indeed, I think I prefer the rear sight on the Gen 3 over the Gen 4
    Those sights are not stock. They are Ameriglos. Had 'em on the loading bench. I have a friend who is city PD and the armorer for that agency. He threw them on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Those sights are not stock. They are Ameriglos. Had 'em on the loading bench. I have a friend who is city PD and the armorer for that agency. He threw them on for me.
    Cool, how do you like the way it shoots? I have only recently become a believer in the Glock having bought a Gen 3 ... I think it's my best shooter for the size.

It's a bit snappier than my 32 (same gun, but 357 SIG), and all kinds of snappier than my 19. This one will require some dry firing. I have a 229 SIG 40 that is a bit easier to control. This 23 has the potential to be accurate, but it is quite a bit lighter than a SIG. Good for carry, bad for accurate shooting. As usual, I just need to put in some range time and dry firing with it. Only have 50 rounds through it.

Tell you what, you aren't going to just pick a 23 up and run it as well as a 9mm. You'll need some practice. While I've had that 229 40 for a year and a half, I haven't really shot it all that much. Am thinking seriously of hiring on with the reserve deputies, as my current line of work hands out a pounding, and I am getting no younger. So in addition to working out, I need to start running a 40. Gun brand is not mandated, but I believe chambering is. Too bad, I'd love a Glock 31 or a SIG 226 357 as a duty gun. I've spent the last year or so running 9s, 357 SIGs, and a 45, all of which are easier to run then a 40. But rest assured, I'll get there.
    HardBall likes this.

Nice! be safe out there.

AOK
    I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 19 last week and took it out to the range for the first time yesterday. I put 200 rounds through her and everything fed fine. Only issue I had was a few casings came back and hit me. Of the 200 rounds I shot the first 30 standing still and 3 of them came right back at me. Did you notice ejection issues on yours? The balance of the rounds I was moving around so I have no idea how where the casings were going.

As you mentioned, there is a quite a difference between the 23 and 19 regarding recoil. I have carried the G23 for over 5 years and have 30K plus rounds through them over that time. I'm so used to the 23 the 19 almost feels like I'm shooting a .22 lr.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I just installed two sets of Ameriglo CAPS. I love these sights! I put the first set on my G17 and liked them so much that I put them on my G19. They are very fast for your eye to pick up and work pretty good for target shooting as well. The only bad thing is that they are frequently sold out.

ironmike86 and CLASS3NH like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Oh, I like those! May have to snag a set for my 19. That poor thing is still wearing stock stuff.

I'm partial to G23's so I'd say you done good. Also, I prefer tritium dot sights, so in my book this is a winner all the way around.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I just installed two sets of Ameriglo CAPS. I love these sights! I put the first set on my G17 and liked them so much that I put them on my G19. They are very fast for your eye to pick up and work pretty good for target shooting as well. The only bad thing is that they are frequently sold out.

Those sights look very interesting.

Tag for later.

Glock Model 22 .40 S&W (a).jpgThis is my Glock Model 22. I don't know what generation they consider this gun, but I bought it back in the 80s when the .40 cal first came out. I bought this within days of the .40 Glocks hitting the market. Being it's a full size model, it's s nice gun to shoot and is very balanced and controllable. I also have a Hogue slip-on grip on it which is more confortable, and with the finger grooves, it gives you much better purchase on the weapon. The way it's set up, it's been a dream to shoot over the last 23+ years. Also has adjustable rear sight...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links