Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless

This is a discussion on Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My girlfriend just bought one of these for me on Gunbroker and is having it shipped to me. This is my first 1911 or 45. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless

Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless

My girlfriend just bought one of these for me on Gunbroker and is having it shipped to me. This is my first 1911 or 45. What should I expect. I shoot and carry 38/357s and 9mm. Just wondering if any of you have any experience with this model?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    First when you get it ..READ the Instructions enclosed with the weapon. Look it up on YouTube as to how to field strip and Clean it. Clean and Lube it then shoot the heck outta it. Supposed to be a very nice weapon. Good Luck and Buy the girlfriend a very Nice Dinner w/Flowers.

What I did with mine...

I have a Kimber Pro CDP, which is similar to the Stainless Pro Carry you have purchased. I made some slight modifications to mine:

1. Wilson magazines, which are more reliable than stock Kimber mags.
    2. Ed Brown single side thumb safety, to replace the stock ambi safety on my gun and make it thinner for carry.
    3. Black steel checkered mainspring housing, to replace the plastic stock housing.
    4. Thin Alumagrips to replace the thicker stock grips and make the gun thinner for carry.

The gun should run well, since Kimbers usually do.

Attached Images
    JerryMac likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member
    Wow! Wish I had a girlfriend like that. My wife wouldn't let me though. Seems like a great gun, let us know how it shoots and carries. I have Kimber Fever.

VIP Member
    The 1st thing I did was get some better magazines. The one from Kimber didn't do very well. So I got some Wilsons & Tripp's that work well. I also did a few other things to it....ambi-safety (since I'm a leftie), built up grip safety, mag well funnel & forward slide serrations.

After my wife shot it....she wanted one.....so I talked her into the Ultra.
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

What you should ecpect, is BLISS !!!!! the 1911 firearm to me is one of the , if not the, best platforms ever made, and man, they just feel so good....this is all my own opinion, and not trying to start a caliber, gun , debate....you have just come across one of the most perfect platforms along with one the best calibers a person could hope for, ppost us some pics, and give us some feedback after you get to burn a couple hundred rounds.....you will then know, why 1911 owners are so loyal....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

What you should probably do is ask your girlfriend to talk to all our wives / girlfriends so they buy us awesome gifts like that too.

Freakin' congrats man...that's epic!

My wife got me one for the birthday last year. Same thing you are getting. And it's a dandy.

1. Take that nice, new magazine that comes with the gun and chuck it. Worthless. Should you doubt me, you will see. Get some Kimpro magazines, or Wilsons.

2. Find a good gunsmith. Replace the sights. I had a set of Meprolights installed on mine.

3. Invest in a good holster. Brownells sells Milt Sparks Summer Special IIs.

NOW you have a worthy setup. Master it. Congratulations.

Nothing like the gift of a firearm. I got my Aegis II Ultra from my girl
    Friend.

Very cool! It's always nice to hear about a spouse/sig other that is so supportive of our interests. I agree with others about swapping out the mags. I bought some Shooting Star mags and have had no issues. You will now have the problem of getting 1911 fever, which is a good ailment to have. Enjoy!

VIP Member
    Agree with the others, get better magazines. I use the Chip McCormick Power Mag's and have never had problems from them. Read and learn the manual for the 1911 and your model specifically. You can start before the gun gets there with reading it on line. Kimber should have a down loadable version on their website. Once you get it in hand, have cleaned it and are comfortable with handling it, take it to the range and shoot, shoot, shoot.

Added thought: Get snap caps and practice dry firing with them. The 1911 trigger is very light, learn the feel of the trigger. I'm guessing you'll find it is even lighter than your DA/SA revolvers.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Your girlfriend is a keeper....so is the Kimber! I have the stainless steel Ultra Carry and I love it. Not one problem. I bought a Kimpro magazine for it as a precaution, but the stock one that gives some people problems has been flawless so far.

Kimber UC2.jpg
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Thanks for all the help guys! This site is great!

MARRY THAT GIRL RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I have a Pro Carry 2 in black and it is an amazing gun. Here is what mine does at 7yards off hand (35 rounds).Never had a failure, a hiccup, or anything else (despite what I read on forums). It will serve you well.

35rounds down range.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    MARRY THAT GIRL RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I have a Pro Carry 2 in black and it is an amazing gun. Here is what mine does at 7yards off hand (35 rounds).Never had a failure, a hiccup, or anything else (despite what I read on forums). It will serve you well.

35rounds down range.jpg
    Wow! That's laser beam accurate. Great shooter
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links