Any experience with the Caracal?

This is a discussion on Any experience with the Caracal? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by caracalusa Looking for Caracal parts? Please call to order at (205) 655-7050. Welcome to CARACAL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any experience with the Caracal?

Quote Originally Posted by caracalusa View Post
    Looking for Caracal parts? Please call to order at (205) 655-7050.
    Welcome to CARACAL

2. Remove Ads

I picked up a F model for $399 shipped a while back for a range gun. Have about 1k of all types of ammo brass and steel thru it without a problem.
    Plenty of holsters coming out for them now. All types of kydex or blackhawk serpa available right now with a quick google search.. Aftermarket sights already on the way too and everything else will follow.

Just as when the Glock or XD first made their appearance in this market parts and accessories werent sitting waiting on the shelfs for them either. Just as they did for Glock and SA, they will come in time for the Caracal also.

IMO was a great deal for the price I paid. Am I going to sell my XDM's or others and switch all to Caracal? No, I prefer my XDM's overall but if slickguns runs another 48 hour deal for $349 on them shipped I will pick up another F model.

I've put 100 to maybe 150 rounds through Caracals at a Caracal match last year near Oak Ridge, TN. I like them. As a previous poster mentioned, the trigger reset is a little longer than a Glock. There were a lot of people at that match shooting just a handful of pistols, and I didn't see any serious malfunctions all day. If I needed a new pistol, the Caracal and the PPQ would probably be the two I'd look at most closely.

Good News: My Caracal C model with standard sights has over 1,000 rounds without a malf. I have owned just about every plastic 9mm on the market. The Caracal has been the most accurate FOR ME. 3 of my 17 IDPA matches were shot with the C model Caracal and those 3 matches were easily my best scores.

Bad news: RECALL announced by Caracal. If you own one it's probably on the list. Go to the Caracal website for details, please.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links