Defensive Carry banner

any one ever handle a glock with this installed?

5K views 50 replies 34 participants last post by  MBRIDER 
#1 ·
The Glock Manual Safety

disclaimer: i am not dumb enough to want this. i was just curious as to whether this is for real. apparently it is...

#8 ·
I've actually seen one of these installed. Didn't shoot the gun, but the owner sure was proud of it. I held my comments.

I would never install anything like this on my Glocks, and would encourage anyone who feels like they need this to look at firearms from other manufacturers. There's plenty of quality guns out there with external safeties.

#12 ·
My Glock is perfectly safe because I never load it.

#14 ·
I have seen one, and fired the gun. The shop where I used to work had one on a range rental. Unfortunately it was installed by their "gunsmith" and it looked bad, but it worked ok I guess. Even if I was a right handed shooter I wouldn't own one.

#18 ·
I think I had the "special ring" to make it work. I sent away for it in the '50s. I believe it was a Captain Marvel ring & all it took was 6 boxtops from a certain brand of cereal + postage & handling. Since according to my wife I never throw anything away so it must be around somewhere.

#22 ·
Why the hell would you want a safety on a glock or any carry gun for that matter. Your safety is a good holster and your booger picker. Taking a safety off is another step to take when time is better spent on pulling the trigger! I recently read on this site somewhere a fella did not get to shoot his robber because his safety was on. Luckily it turned out good for him. We all carried revolvers for YEARS and didn't need a safety on them.

#30 ·
Oh Gawd!

My revolvers already have 8+ pound trigger pulls. And it's nigh impossible to make a revolver fire in the holster because the cylinder will not turn in a tight holster!

Well, I suppose if a person wants one, have at it. To each their own. I just don't see much utility in it.

#27 ·
That manual thumb safety has been around for years & has been pretty well-received. I would consider one if I were to delete the trigger's "safety-flipper" and have the pull-weight & reset substantially reduced. But for that much trouble, I'd just buy a CZ75 SA & be done with it.

#28 ·
yea i guess if you really love your j frames and wanted a hair trigger i could see the need.

to each their own, i just don't understand some of the aftermarket crap people do to their carry guns. if you can't get "brand x" relatively close to the way you want it just find a different gun that is from the factory.

#29 ·
-
Before I started carrying and keeping a round in the chamber, I bought one of these for my G17.

Auto part
Siderlock

Never did get around to installing it...never went back to worrying about the need either.

#31 ·
-
Before I started carrying and keeping a round in the chamber, I bought one of these for my G17.

View attachment 63251 Siderlock

Never did get around to installing it...never went back to worrying about the need either.
i have always wondered about these, how much force it takes to depress that button. something about putting the safety on the trigger kinda seems bass ackwards to me, since you have to put your finger on the trigger to disengage the safety....yea.:blink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.