any one ever handle a glock with this installed? - Page 4

any one ever handle a glock with this installed?

This is a discussion on any one ever handle a glock with this installed? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn I take it you have never tried firing your so-equipped Glock with only your non-dominant hand. When I carry my Glock, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: any one ever handle a glock with this installed?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I take it you have never tried firing your so-equipped Glock with only your non-dominant hand.
    When I carry my Glock, it is on my right side IWB about 3:00 – 3:30. If I had to draw left handed, I’m screwed anyway. I am willing to play those odds.
    I know that the trend now in training is to practice a lot of “what if scenarios”. Lots of reloading and failure drills, one hand reloading, and odd shooting positions, but I’m not a police officer and my military days are long behind me. The chance that I will need my gun are small (I still carry anyway) and if I do, the odds are that it will almost certainly be a couple of shots at close range and in a hurry, so the majority of my practice and training reflect that. I practice drawing from the holster I usually carry, the gun I carry. I do a lot of point shooting and strong hand- one hand shooting.

Fair enough. I don't like manual safeties at all, but if I were to have one, it would have to be ambidextrous. The Sliderlock is not.

The number of people killed because they didn't have "enough gun" is dwarfed by those who had none at all. Get a gun you will always carry, and add more capability as you grow.

I say if you feel you need this on a Glock, it's your money and your life. I think I'll stick with what was installed on my Glock at the factory- the Safe Action trigger.
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog37 View Post
    I say if you feel you need this on a Glock, it's your money and your life. I think I'll stick with what was installed on my Glock at the factory- the Safe Action trigger.
    +1 I certainly wouldn't put an external safety on my G27.

--Jason--
    If you are going to The Blade Show in Atlanta, stop by the Wilmont Knives booth 944 and say "hello"

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    So you don't own a social shotgun? How 'bout a rifle? GLOCK advertises three safeties; integrated trigger safety, firing pin safety & drop safety. Then there are revolver transfer bar safeties. What type of safety-free personal protection firearm do you advocate?
    I should have clarified "external safety" and on a "carry weapon".

and no I do not use a shot gun or rifle for personal protection, they are for hunting only. But thank you for asking.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links