any one ever handle a glock with this installed? - Page 4

any one ever handle a glock with this installed?

This is a discussion on any one ever handle a glock with this installed? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn I take it you have never tried firing your so-equipped Glock with only your non-dominant hand. When I carry my Glock, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: any one ever handle a glock with this installed?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I take it you have never tried firing your so-equipped Glock with only your non-dominant hand.
    When I carry my Glock, it is on my right side IWB about 3:00 – 3:30. If I had to draw left handed, I’m screwed anyway. I am willing to play those odds.
    I know that the trend now in training is to practice a lot of “what if scenarios”. Lots of reloading and failure drills, one hand reloading, and odd shooting positions, but I’m not a police officer and my military days are long behind me. The chance that I will need my gun are small (I still carry anyway) and if I do, the odds are that it will almost certainly be a couple of shots at close range and in a hurry, so the majority of my practice and training reflect that. I practice drawing from the holster I usually carry, the gun I carry. I do a lot of point shooting and strong hand- one hand shooting.

Fair enough. I don't like manual safeties at all, but if I were to have one, it would have to be ambidextrous. The Sliderlock is not.

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I say if you feel you need this on a Glock, it's your money and your life. I think I'll stick with what was installed on my Glock at the factory- the Safe Action trigger.
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog37 View Post
    I say if you feel you need this on a Glock, it's your money and your life. I think I'll stick with what was installed on my Glock at the factory- the Safe Action trigger.
    +1 I certainly wouldn't put an external safety on my G27.

--Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    So you don't own a social shotgun? How 'bout a rifle? GLOCK advertises three safeties; integrated trigger safety, firing pin safety & drop safety. Then there are revolver transfer bar safeties. What type of safety-free personal protection firearm do you advocate?
    I should have clarified "external safety" and on a "carry weapon".

and no I do not use a shot gun or rifle for personal protection, they are for hunting only. But thank you for asking.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links