Glock beavertail adapter and other stuff

This is a discussion on Glock beavertail adapter and other stuff within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in Missouri this past weekend and had an opportunity to shoot steel plates at a range. It was my first time ‘shooting steel’ ...

Thread: Glock beavertail adapter and other stuff

Glock beavertail adapter and other stuff

I was in Missouri this past weekend and had an opportunity to shoot steel plates at a range. It was my first time ‘shooting steel’ and I loved it. It was a nice change from shooting paper targets.

This time out shooting, I did get a pretty good amount of slide bite from the right side rear corner of the slide (stock Gen 4 G17). I don’t have fat hands, but I must have enough meat so that when I grip high and snug/tight, the slide will rub my hand. I’ve already looked at the Grip Force beavertail adapters, but would really like the Glock version (from what I’ve seen in pictures). Has anybody heard (or read) any updates on when they’ll be available from Glock?

I was also at a couple of gun shops and I was able to handle a G26 (Gen 3 and 4) and I found that I could get a good firm grip with just the 2 fingers (with the pinky tucked in underneath the magazine). I had expected it to feel ‘odd’ and not firm/solid…not so. Of course it’ll be different actually firing it…especially with +P rounds. But I think I could handle it without a grip extension for the pinky finger to be accurate firing it. I brought this up because I had mentioned grip extensions for a G26 (my probable next gun purchase) in another thread. For curiosity, I’d try the smallest +0 extension from Pearce (PG-26). The G A P plate looks like something I’d also try.

Until then, I’ll keep practicing with my G17.

2. Remove Ads

I saw that in the glock store and have been considering that for my G17 as well. I have not been bit yet but Love to shot the 17 and the 26 take a little more getting used to the small gun but after a couple of trips to the range you will find the groove can also but the 17 rnd mag in from the 17 and have a full grip

I have installed them on my G23 and my G27. My G31 does not bite me. I have very large meaty hands so the grip force was the obvious solution. I like them so much I used black silicon and "glued" them in place.
    Attached Images
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Haven't had any slide bite from my GLOCK 19 but I do wish there was more beaver tail back there. As far as the 26 +0 magazine pinky grip extension goes, I have those on my wife's 26. She does not carry or shoot it as much as I'd like but she has reported a pinch between the extension and the pistol, not bad but it's there. I think I may have had it happen to me once and barely noticed it. They do help to provide a good grip on the gun without making the back end of the grip larger.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Haven't had any slide bite from my GLOCK 19 but I do wish there was more beaver tail back there. As far as the 26 +0 magazine pinky grip extension goes, I have those on my wife's 26. She does not carry or shoot it as much as I'd like but she has reported a pinch between the extension and the pistol, not bad but it's there. I think I may have had it happen to me once and barely noticed it. They do help to provide a good grip on the gun without making the back end of the grip larger.
    I have read about the grip extension pinch issues other places. I found this one day about how to fix it: Glock 26, Baby Glock, Grip Extension Pinch

Why use +P ammo in your 9mm? There is plenty of excellent ammo available that is regular pressure.

I have a Grip Force Adapter on my G30sf, but I wanted it primarily for indexing my gun on the draw. I have never had slide bite, and the recoil on a G30 is minimal(doesn't flip up, or snap back like some calibers). I have been dry fire practicing with it for a few weeks now, but still need to get some range time with it, make sure I like it 100%.

I thought I read that the Glock Beavertail for the Gen 4's would be introduced at Shot 2013, but I am wrong a lot, so don't quote me.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Why use +P ammo in your 9mm?
    I will be using 147gr. in my gun...I just mentioned +P in passing. I already have the link you posted bookmarked, but thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I will be using 147gr. in my gun...I just mentioned +P in passing. I already have the link you posted bookmarked, but thanks anyway.
    Ahhh, okay. I use 147gr. also.
    Then I'm sure you know +P was needed when bullets were dependent on velocity to expand, but thanks to modern ammo designs I'm not sure it is something still required, but I am not an ammo expert.
    --Jason--

Links