Different Carry Gun - Page 3

Different Carry Gun

This is a discussion on Different Carry Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Ruger SP101 also......, but I also have the Ruger LCR in 38+p. I think the LCR would make a great pocket carry ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Different Carry Gun

I have the Ruger SP101 also......, but I also have the Ruger LCR in 38+p. I think the LCR would make a great pocket carry handgun. Very light at 13.5oz unloaded and you can carry some very effective rounds for it. Personally, I don't like pocket carry and would much prefer iwb carry. I have a Glock26 that nearly disappears in a tuckable holster carried on my appendix (left side). It shoots like a fullsized handgun, carries 10+1 of 9mm+p and is very reliable. I think you could easily carry it or one of the many single stack 9's in a "tuckable" holster.

Quote Originally Posted by llred View Post
    Attachment 63366

here is a picture of it.
    Love that gun. What did you pay? And did you buy at LGS or chain store?

academy sports and outdoors had it for $479.

Having a similar problem, I decided on a two-fer...I got the 238 and the 938. One carries just about as easily as the other. Both vanish under a sport coat if I decide to carry on the belt or iwb (Galco Summer Comfort's really good for this, and you can snap it on and off). Both vanish in a pocket, sometimes the 238 wins out depening on the kind of pants I'm wearing (suit pants, 238 is a bit lighter so it doesn't pull down quite as much).

I'm really enjoying both these little blasters...

VIP Member
    Nice choice on the Sig P238.

I went with the Sig P938 for pocket carry since my other handguns are 9mm...I didn't want to have to start stocking up on another caliber just yet.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    there are many 9mm pistols small enough to be carried in a front pocket of khakis. jeans might be a bit too snug, plus accessing the gun from the front pocket of jeans is harder to do. maybe the tiny .380 there.

consider Kahr PM-9 or CM-9, Kel Tec PF-9 (least expensive), Beretta Nano, Ruger LC-9, Kimber Solo (most expensive). for jeans, consider that small .380: Ruger LCP, Kel Tec 3AT.
    +1 I pocket the .380 and LC9 never a problem in right pocket jeans cargos dress slacks

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    +1 I pocket the .380 and LC9 never a problem in right pocket jeans cargos dress slacks
    I have a crossbreed holster coming for this gun as I plan to carry iwb tucked. I mainly got the 380 because I will carry it and can carry it with my current required clothing. Plus I rather carry the 380 than nothing at all.
    I am going to purchase some buffalo bore 380+p in both hardcast and JHP. I have been doing some reaserch on them and they should penetrate the standard 12", but I will do my own research too. Right now I'm using speer gold dots.

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    If I had to keep my shirt tucked I would pocket carry and or use a tuck-able holster. Belly bands are ok but, warm in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    If I had to keep my shirt tucked I would pocket carry and or use a tuck-able holster. Belly bands are ok but, warm in summer.
    yeah the crossbreed holster is a tuckable inside wasteband, I tried a belly band thing before they don't agree with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links