Different Carry Gun

Different Carry Gun

This is a discussion on Different Carry Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have finially gotten back to the forum after a long time away. During this time away I changed jobs/industries. I now have a problem ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Different Carry Gun

Different Carry Gun

I have finially gotten back to the forum after a long time away. During this time away I changed jobs/industries. I now have a problem trying to carry my ruger sp101. I am printing way too much. Another problem I work in sales and sometimes I can not carry into the places I go into so I need something I can get on and off quickly. I am thinking about a sig 238 for next purchase, but I also like several others.

clothing consist of khakis/jeans with a collared shirt tucked in. Yes it seems easy but I don't wear baggy jeans. 6'0 230.

S&W M&P Shield
    Sig 238
    Glock 36
    Springfield XDS .45

Any advice would help and is greatly appreciated. Maybe a pocket 380 would be better than nothing?

forgot to mention, I haven' handled all the above firearms. I am going to go try and do that this weekend.

Pick what's best for you and all that jazz, but of the ones you mentioned the G36 would be tough to beat...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I pocket carry a Keltec PF-9 9mm in dress attire exactly as you describe. At 12 oz unloaded, its eaiser than any on your list to conceal with the exception of the SIG 238 that is a .380
    which I don't carry for self defense.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I like the new M&P Shield, if they can be found.
    multistage likes this.

Some options - keep the SP101, and try the Smartcarry. Or, if you go with something that weighs less, you can try pocket carry.

I have to dress in business attire daily, and I pocket carry a LCR (right pocket) and a LCP (left pocket). Weight is more of an issue than size - you can always have a pocket deepened by a tailor if need be.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    I pocket carry a Taurus 605 or use a smartcarry, both are faster than a Bersa in a tucked tuckable
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

there are many 9mm pistols small enough to be carried in a front pocket of khakis. jeans might be a bit too snug, plus accessing the gun from the front pocket of jeans is harder to do. maybe the tiny .380 there.

consider Kahr PM-9 or CM-9, Kel Tec PF-9 (least expensive), Beretta Nano, Ruger LC-9, Kimber Solo (most expensive). for jeans, consider that small .380: Ruger LCP, Kel Tec 3AT.

Hey lired, you're 6' tall, weigh 230 lbs., and you can't find a way to conceal an M&P Shield? (You show one on the bottom of your OP.) Try a Remora holster & buy looser clothing.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have Kahr P9 in 9mm. It is not pocket gun but it is easy to conceal it IWB. It shoots very well. 650 rounds so far no problems, from 124 gr to 147 +P, gold dots hst, winchester ranger. It is a bit smaller than M@P Shield. Kahr PM9 its closer to pocket gun but in 9mm.
    Vodek

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    there are many 9mm pistols small enough to be carried in a front pocket of khakis. jeans might be a bit too snug, plus accessing the gun from the front pocket of jeans is harder to do. maybe the tiny .380 there.

consider Kahr PM-9 or CM-9, Kel Tec PF-9 (least expensive), Beretta Nano, Ruger LC-9, Kimber Solo (most expensive). for jeans, consider that small .380: Ruger LCP, Kel Tec 3AT.
    stop speed reading, I can't find a way to conceal a sp 101 with the company work shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Hey lired, you're 6' tall, weigh 230 lbs., and you can't find a way to conceal an M&P Shield? (You show one on the bottom of your OP.) Try a Remora holster & buy looser clothing.
    Sorry should have made it clearer. Those are guns I'm looking to getting.

I would suggest maybe a light revolver if you like your sp101 otherwise.

How tight are your shirts. Many good IWB holsters allow you to adjust the height and angle of the weapon, thus you can carry a wide assortment of pistols. I carry my S&W.40 and have no problem un-tucking my right side of my shirt to put it away when it is not allowed. I too go to places for my work that do not allow weapons.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

The shirts aren't tight mainly clingy. The are similiar material to under armor and Nike drifit. They are very light weight and cooler in hot weather. The downside is they cling. I like the sp101 but it seems that a thiner pistol would be better and not print as bad. I'm going to look at different holsters too because the belt clip on mine is right over the cylinder adding to the thickness. It is also making the grip stick out to the right a bit much too. Maybe I'm just giving into a new gun craving.

A holster with two attachment points makes a big difference. Also that type of shirt I could never get to work. You could try a larger size, or try starching it to see if removes some cling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links