Joined the dark side..

This is a discussion on Joined the dark side.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's soooo much brighter here on the dark side. Enjoy!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Joined the dark side..

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's soooo much brighter here on the dark side. Enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good for you!

I am ok with that story. I have both Kimbers and Glocks in the safe. The Glocks go with me all the time and the Kimbers just to the range.

What are some suggestions for holsters? I want to carry IWB at 4:00.. I am thinking of like a crossbreed supertuck or a bianchi covert option..

Model 120 *Covert Option™ Inside Waistband Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters
    SuperTuck Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by bgusty View Post
    What are some suggestions for holsters? I want to carry IWB at 4:00.. I am thinking of like a crossbreed supertuck or a bianchi covert option..

Model 120 *Covert Option™ Inside Waistband Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters
    SuperTuck Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe
    Have carried Glocks for 15 years now in all kinds of holsters. Just acquired a G26 Gen 4 myself not long ago. I never would have thought it, but after spending all kinds of bucks on production and custom holsters, I decided to try the Glock Sport Combat holster first for the 26. I have to say, I'm really, really happy with it. I didn't want to like it, but I do. Holds the gun in tight to the side, it is comfortable, light, secure and inexpensive. You might consider giving one a try before you drop some larger coin on the above. It is not IWB, but you don't have much to loose. If you don't like it for EDC, it is a good back up holster and you won't be out a lot of money.

Congrats.My EDC is a Gen 4 G26.I have 2,275 rounds through mine.Be careful,Glocks are like rabbits.

VIP Member
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Walk soft
    How do you like that extended slide release on the glock? I am not sure if that is something worth investing in or if I would be better off leaving it as is and utilizing a sling shot approach more often.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Glock 26 with factory mag 12+1 with pinky extension......my CBOB Glock.

for those that are confused by the above statement, here is a pic of a Dan Wesson CBOB 1911....make sense now?

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

You might consider Tru Glo Tritium Fiber Optic sites too - Tritium, plus FO for that low light dusk/dawn "pop". I have sets on all of my Glocks, including the 26. I love them. They help my older eyes.

Rock and Glock
    Any issues with durability of those TFO's? My only experience with FO is on rifles and shotguns and those break far too easily for my comfort. I have meprolight sights on my Kimber and those are excellent at night and work just fine during the day as a regular white dot sight basically. I kind of like the idea of a XS big dot too but haven't had any experience with those.

I have one mag with the extender on it and 2 are still plain. I am a pretty big guy so I am not too worried about the little extra grip on the front end. It doesn't print as much anyway because the length of the heel of the grip is shorter than the 19.
    Congrats, hard to go wrong with a glock.

If you plan on carrying extra magazines, consider a larger one for your spare(s). A G17 mag will add extra rounds, and may give you faster mag changes (more to hold onto, those small mags are easy to fumble under stress).

I also like the pearce grip extensions on the flush fit mags. You can shave the right and left sides down to give it more of triangular shape, and for me the gun prints less than with the flush magazine (breaks the square handle shape).

Walk soft
    How do you like that extended slide release on the glock? I am not sure if that is something worth investing in or if I would be better off leaving it as is and utilizing a sling shot approach more often.
    One advantage to using the 'slingshot' approach (if done properly) is that you will build muscle memory for a technique that will work on all semi-autos (slide release is not located in the same spot on all pistols).

rwp
    When you say to shave the sides are you talking about the sides directly underneath the grip where it is flat or the extended pinky area? Thanks for the idea

Extended pinky area.

I've modified several pearce grip extensions, usually to make them fit magazines they were not designed for. Once I start sanding them, it's tough not to get a little carried away and start playing with the shape.

The attached photos show the XD9 grip extension I'm currently running on my CZ 2075. I was going to clean up the surface finish, but I've found I like the texture in hand, so I'll probably leave it. The original extension was wider and had a square profile to match the XD grip.

IMGP6762s.jpgIMGP6775s.jpgIMGP6781s.jpg

rwp
    Looks nice! Might have to give that a shot too.

Nice gun!
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links