Joined the dark side..

This is a discussion on Joined the dark side.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congratulations! I briefly owned a G27 (same size as G26) when I carried a full-sized G22 as a duty pistol. I switched to SIG for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Joined the dark side..

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Congratulations! I briefly owned a G27 (same size as G26) when I carried a full-sized G22 as a duty pistol. I switched to SIG for duty in 2004, but always figured I would eventually acquire a G26. Now that I am in the twilight of my policin' career, the G26 is at the top of my wish list.

With my skinny fingers, I don't really need a mag extension, and can take full advantage of the short grip frame's concealability, though when I had my G27, I did like the feel of a G23 (mid-length) magazine in the gun, for the times deep concealment was not necessary. The G23 mag body seemed a more natural resting place for my pinkie that the stock G27 floorplate. The corresponding 9mm magazine, of course, for a G26, would be a G19 mag.

I am afraid I cannot be of much help with holsters for 0400 carry, as I have never been able to tolerate that carry position. I prefer vertical-draw holsters, more forward.

2. Remove Ads

Rexter where do you carry your vertical draw holsters? The only times I have seen vertical holsters used they printed an awful lot. Might just be the people I have seen it on but I feel something that cants forward is so much more concealed.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links