Joined the dark side..

Joined the dark side..

This is a discussion on Joined the dark side.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been kicking around the idea of getting a EDC carry gun for a while. I shoot a 4" kimber at the range a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Joined the dark side..

Joined the dark side..

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a EDC carry gun for a while. I shoot a 4" kimber at the range a bunch and I love it. I debated back and forth between a 3" kimber and a glock. Well a LEO I knew decided he didn't like the G26 gen 4 as much as his older gen 3 and so he sold it to me and I have officially joined the dark (black plastic) side. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but if I like the way it shoots I think I will have to hang on to it for a while and get night sights etc. Has anyone had any experience with the meprolight multi-colored night sights? I am looking at the ones that are yellow rear sights and a green front sight.
    PA040047.jpg
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

You should be more than happy with your new acquisition. I love my G26. I also have a Glock (not the G26) with Meprolight sights and I really like them.

Welcome to the dark side, good choice.

I'm quite confident in saying that you'll fall in love with it when you get to shoot it. It's hard to go wrong with a Glock and I've yet to experience any problems with any of my Gen 4's.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I carry a G27 daily. You should love your G26.

VIP Member
    Well your avatar fits the dark side. Not a Glock fan, but whatever works for you.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats on your choice. I started with a Glock 26 and still have it as my BUG, EDC'ing a G19...Enjoy shooting and train train train...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

OD*
    Congrats, it's hard to beat the "Practical, Tactical, Black Plastical" Glock.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Good deal.....G19 Gen 3 here....for a long time....get a Glock....no worries...enjoy
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Love my G26, best EDC I have owned. I don't personally like the grip extender though, as it makes the grip as long as a G19.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Congrats and good luck.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Welcome and there is enough room in the safe for both 1911s and Glocks.
    OD* likes this.

EDC? Is there a glossary on this site for all the shorthand used? I get most of it, but a few still stump me.

EDC= EveryDay Carry

I have one mag with the extender on it and 2 are still plain. I am a pretty big guy so I am not too worried about the little extra grip on the front end. It doesn't print as much anyway because the length of the heel of the grip is shorter than the 19. Thats what drew me towards the 26 the most. You can always make the 26 bigger but you can't make the 19 any smaller. I plan to add another 1911 at some point too. Christmas is as good of an excuse as any right?
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links