Walther PK380 Recall

Walther PK380 Recall

This is a discussion on Walther PK380 Recall within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...l%20Notice.pdf Walther has identified a condition that may exist in certain PK 380 pistols which may permit a round to be discharged if the trigger ...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walther PK380 Recall

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Walther PK380 Recall

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...l%20Notice.pdf

Walther has identified a condition that may exist in certain PK 380 pistols which may permit a round to be discharged if the trigger is pulled, despite engagement of the manual safety. Walther has found that engagement of the manual safety may not prevent firing of a chambered round when the trigger is pulled.

This recall applies to Walther PK380, .380 ACP pistols manufactured by Carl Walther GmbH from May, 2012 to September, 2012, and which have a Serial Number ranging from PK 101201 to PK 112155

STOP USING YOUR PISTOL, and UNLOAD IT IMMEDIATELY, exercising EXTREME CARE in doing so AND RETURN IT TO WALTHERAMERICA AT ONCE.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I'm glad I got rid of mine.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Me too. They refunded my money and told me the frame was bent when I sent it in for a sight problem....:what:

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I had to send mine in for FTE, they replaced the barrel and it has been fine since. I've put about 100 rounds through it since getting it back. I couldn't even get through 2 magazines without a failure to eject before they repaired it. Mine was purchased in Oct 2011 so it was not subject to the recall.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

All PK 380's being shipped as of late have been fixed and up to date. There have been zero issues with the updated guns!

Walther has identified a condition that may exist in certain PK 380 pistols which may permit a round to be discharged if the trigger is pulled, despite engagement of the manual safety. Walther has found that engagement of the manual safety may not prevent firing of a chambered round when the trigger is pulled.
    The gun doesnít have a de-cocker. To de-cock the gun, you put the safety on and then pull the trigger to drop the hammer.

Yes, it can be done safely, but it goes against my grain to pull the trigger on a gun with a live round in the chamber and trust the safety. Hell, it goes against my grain to pull the trigger on a gun when I know after triple-checking that there isnít a live round in the chamber. Doing it when I am certain that there is? Madness. Itís an engraved invitation for a negligent discharge. No thanks.
    Gun Review: Walther PK380: Guns.com finds the Good, Bad and Ugly about it - Guns.com

Links