The Pro Sight Advantage - it's what's on my SD G17 and it's gonna stay on it... - Page 3

The Pro Sight Advantage - it's what's on my SD G17 and it's gonna stay on it...

This is a discussion on The Pro Sight Advantage - it's what's on my SD G17 and it's gonna stay on it... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Curious if you have ever used XS big dot sights and how they compare to these?...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The Pro Sight Advantage - it's what's on my SD G17 and it's gonna stay on it...

Curious if you have ever used XS big dot sights and how they compare to these?

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Curious if you have ever used XS big dot sights and how they compare to these?
    There is a reason X/S sights have never won a major match and are not used by Top Shooters.

Pro-Sights, on the other hand, have been used to win numerous National & World Championship titles (and I’m speaking of people other than myself shooting them).
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

VIP Member
    I am sorry but the massive screw on top is unsightly. I have been using Ameriglo Caps and love them.

Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sponsor

Question

OK, so you're saying there's an "unsightly screw" on a butt ugly gun, right?

Just kidding! We ALL know Glocks are NOT ugly.

Like I said, I prefer a Torx, but that's even harder to find in the field. Are there any other suggestions?

Seriously, besides carrying a tool kit around, I thought the (+) screw was the correct answer to the problem.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions...
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

www.TacticalShooting.com

Sponsor

Thumbs up

I have been using Ameriglo Caps and love them.
    That's a nice sight by the way.

www.TacticalShooting.com

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't really care about an ugly screw. (Whoa, that line can get me in trouble.) That's not where my focus is. I mean, there's not much to improve the looks of a Glock after all. It is what it is.
    DRM likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor
    I don't really care about an ugly screw. (Whoa, that line can get me in trouble.)
    Now that's funny!

www.TacticalShooting.com

Quote Originally Posted by DRM View Post
    There is a reason X/S sights have never won a major match and are not used by Top Shooters.

Pro-Sights, on the other hand, have been used to win numerous National & World Championship titles (and I’m speaking of people other than myself shooting them).
    Yea, I'm more worried about defense situations. A lot of top instructors swear by the XS sights, just wondered if you had a contrasting view, sounds like you are pretty satisfied with these and haven't compared them.

Sponsor

Lightbulb

Well, I am biased...

Because the Pro-Sight V-DOT DOES SHOOT and we can (and have) proven it in World Class competition against some of the BEST shooters in the World.

No brag, just fact.
    Trigg603 likes this.

www.TacticalShooting.com

VIP Member
    Well, I am biased...

Because the Pro-Sight V-DOT DOES SHOOT and we can (and have) proven it in World Class competition against some of the BEST shooters in the World.

No brag, just fact.
    They look like great sights. Just think if you don't hit your attacker you can blind them with that shiny screw! haha
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Well, I am biased...

No brag, just fact.
    Ah, I didn't catch that you were a forum sponsor hawking your product until just now. Sorry, I wouldn't have cluttered your thread if I had paid attention. My bad!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Ah, I didn't catch that you were a forum sponsor hawking your product until just now. Sorry, I wouldn't have cluttered your thread if I had paid attention. My bad!
    Neither DRM nor I are hawking. I gave them a try and did a review on them. I tried to give the pertinent background and details of how the sights came to be to clarify they're not just another 'gimmick' sight.

DRM has been addressing specific questions as they've come up and the inquirers seem to be satisfied with the answers. I don't see how DRM could avoid addressing questions or issues (the screw) regarding the sights.

BTW, the screw can always be changed out for one of your choice, I think it's a 6-32 thread. The SS screw was in response to request and concerns from operators, real operators, that face conditions that could rust non-SS screws.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Sponsor

Lightbulb

Again, I went with the stainless by request of guys in the field using them. They had rust issues and then the Allen socket would strip out. So, we went with the SS (+) screw.

Blacking out the screw is a pretty simple procedure, but it needs to be done after the sights are installed and you're happy with the zero.

Here's how I recommend you zero them:

www.TacticalShooting.com

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Just a quick question about these sights, would you be able to zero them at your facility? I'm not handy at this type of thing and really have no where to have this done. Thank you

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioCatter View Post
    Just a quick question about these sights, would you be able to zero them at your facility? I'm not handy at this type of thing and really have no where to have this done. Thank you
    Yes he does, Tactical Shooting Academy - Glock Customizing.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links