Found this Python today

This is a discussion on Found this Python today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [QUOTE=deadguy;2411270]I was at a local FFL getting my 1911 today and found this Python behind the counter. Pretty good condition and shoots really well. ^^^What ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Found this Python today

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=deadguy;2411270]I was at a local FFL getting my 1911 today and found this Python behind the counter. Pretty good condition and shoots really well.

^^^What a coincidence^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I "lost" one just like that one!

You wouldn't mind sending it back to me, now would you??

BTW,,
    Great find,,, I like it!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Congrats on your good fortune. I've longed for a Python for many years. Legendary handguns indeed.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Back in the 80's I had a stainless 6 inch Python with Pachmeyer grips. What a beauty! Too bad I sold it in the 90's.

Sigh!

Same story here. It was the 1st gun I ever bought.

Congratulations! The Python is a true classic that lives up to it's hype, in my opinion. Of all of my handguns, my Python is one of only a very few I would never even consider getting rid of.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    That's a great find. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

My LGS has a stainless ANACONDA. Nice weapon, but I think I'd rather put the $1250 premium toward an AR10.

I still kick myself for letting my DIAMONDBACK go back in 1988.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Thank you all for the kind words and affirmations!

I did go out and shoot the Python after picking it up yesterday. The 1911 (WMG) I was there to pick up was a full custom so the bulk of my attention was naturally on the new pistol at the range. However, there was NO way I was going to have this with me and not stroke her ego a bit.

One box of Atlanta Arms 125 grain SJHP was the ammo purchased at the range. I had already eaten up the target with the 1911 so undecided I would just pick a spot and shoot in that general area. Well, the holes appeared where I was aiming. I was very pleased with the accuracy and my ability to shoot the full double action pull as well as I did. It had been a long time since I've taken a wheel gun to the range.

My other two revolvers are both S&Ws; a 629-1 (44 mag) with 8-3/8" bbl and a 360 with 1-7/8" (scandium frame .357). The Python is by far the most pleasant to shoot of the three. The DA pull seemed smoother than the two S&Ws, and the shape of the stocks didn't allow the rear of the trigger guard to pound my knuckle on recoil like the target wood stocks on the 629 does. If you've shot a S&W 44 mag with target stocks you may understand what I mean. It can be uncomfortable.

The cylinder release is awkward for me since it is opposite the S&Ws. Ergonomically it's not ideal but cosmetically it's sexy. However, with time, it may be more to my liking.

Overall I'm pleased as pie. I plan to spend more time with it and study everything about it. More detailed pics will follow as time allows.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Nice find...I like!
    deadguy likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Beautiful. You need to teach a class on negotiating skills with the wife on gun budget. I'll be your first student.
    deadguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Beautiful. You need to teach a class on negotiating skills with the wife on gun budget. I'll be your first student.
    Here's today's lesson.

Don't tell her!

My cousin said he found one a few months ago for about $500 but it had a HUGE idiot scratch. I told him he should have bought it!!! Says he went back and it was gone. Nooooo....really? LOL smh
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Ohhh,Poppa LIKES the Python!!!. Congrats on a Great find!!!.
    deadguy likes this.

took a couple of new pics and wanted to share.

bmcgilvray likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links