Just picked up my Springfield XDm 45 compact :D

This is a discussion on Just picked up my Springfield XDm 45 compact :D within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I got the phone call last night that my XDm arrived and was ready to be picked up. I must say I was quite ...

Thread: Just picked up my Springfield XDm 45 compact :D

Well I got the phone call last night that my XDm arrived and was ready to be picked up. I must say I was quite anxious and barely got any sleep!
    So far I've been reading over literature and did some dry firing before loading it up. I ended up letting 2 clips go through it and cleaned it up and am now just going over it in ooooo and awww mode. This is a beautiful pistol and coming from a Taurus PT845 I am comfortable that this gun will not give me any issues daily carrying. Just figured I'd show some pics and share the excitement! I will post after I get more familiar with the gun and get some more lead down range.

Congrats! That's a very fine looking 45. Enjoy it for many years to come.

Congrats on your new baby and hope to hear more good sharing from you about it.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Thanks everybody for the replies and comments. I will keep you all updated.
    I would like to state I am from PA and have my CC permit and this being my only pistol will be my carry.
    I am going to purchase the jumping target, if you have not herd of it check out google and type it in.
    Looks like a very practical target for defense shooting. The one video I was watching of a review of this pistol was just off the wall.
    I am sure this pistol has what I need just need to feel her out and get in the grove with it!
    They tried selling me the 4.5" for accuracy but after watching that youtube review I was sold on the compact as the more practical carry gun.

Just seen I had this picture still on my phone. A little side by side comparison of what I came from and went to.
    I can't bad mouth taurus as I had a straight shooting pistol there. I did have the firing pin seer on me and the hour + wait on hold was
    a little annoying. But none the less they sent me a new firing pin. I put probably 400-500 rounds through here and I did not mind it.
    Had I known what they was gonna give me for trade I would of probably held of a week or to longer and just paid full cash price on the XDm.p4.jpg

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nice! I'm not a big Springfield fan, but that's why there's more than one maker. Something for everyone. Hope you enjoy your new pistola!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links