Looking for a Compact Revolver

This is a discussion on Looking for a Compact Revolver within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 21bubba You've had bad luck with several guns recently, not just j-frames. And I wouldn't recommend any of those either :)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Looking for a Compact Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    You've had bad luck with several guns recently, not just j-frames.
    And I wouldn't recommend any of those either :)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

I'd agree that the LCR is a great little gun but I wouldn't necessarily count on it being the right gun for someone that doesn't have much experience with guns...or even for someone who does. I bought one thinking my wife might like it...turns out not so much...fortunately I love that little gun.

Next on the list to purchase is the Glock 26 she picked out. Of course she used to carry a 19 back in the day so it's a format she is familiar with and likes a lot...me...not so much. To each their own and what is going to feel good to one is not so great for another.

Part of the calculus needs to be a gun that she'll be regularly practicing with. Without that, it'll be a crap shoot as to whether a person will be able to hit the broad side of a barn, despite having a gun. The gun should be usable enough frequently enough, yet still be suitable for the intended purpose (ie, daily carry).

As the old saying goes: merely having a piano doesn't make one a pianist.

Which might well (and should, IMO) eliminate any pistol or revolver that is so harsh on the hands during firing and/or difficult to use that it cannot be trusted or relied upon for effective defense. Meaning, it's far better to pick something that one is comfortable shooting, will carry daily, and won't find excuses for not carrying or training with, as opposed to something that seems like a slick choice but fails with one of those fundamental criteria.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links