I'm bummed. Turns out Glocks are junk.

This is a discussion on I'm bummed. Turns out Glocks are junk. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And that sucks, as I have three of the things. They feel terrible in the hand, felt recoil is tremendous, and they are prone to ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: I'm bummed. Turns out Glocks are junk.

I'm bummed. Turns out Glocks are junk.

And that sucks, as I have three of the things. They feel terrible in the hand, felt recoil is tremendous, and they are prone to "jamming." I need to sell the 23 I was carrying today and get a Taurus. Much more reliable, and made in America. Cheaper, too.

So I was told by a true guru who graciously bestowed this valuable information upon me. How I've made it thus far without those words of wisdom, I'll never know.

You see these guys in the gunshops. My guy asked how the new 23 I bought from him was running. I replied very well so far.

Along comes Bubba.......

Glock 23?

Yeah.

First gun?

No.

First Glock?

No.

I hate to tell you this, but those things are junk. Made in a foreign country, says so right on the slide. Folks like them, but they don't know what they are doing. They jam, and anybody who tells you different ain't shot theirs very much (I am biting my tongue nearly in half at this point). Now Taurus, they build a good gun (guy yanks a monster revolver from somewhere in the folds of his gut). This here won't jam, and ain't made outta plastic like that Glock. It's a 44, but don't kick like a Glock. Made in America, too (oh really?). Wanna hold it?

No. Thanks.

I stare at the guy for a couple seconds to see if he is just being wise, or if he is for real. Oh yeah, he means it. I glance at my guy behind the counter. He seems to be having a serious struggle with himself. I turn around and leave.

Lord have mercy, where do these guys come from?
    joker1 and soonershoote like this.

2. Remove Ads

Haha. I wouldn't have even bothered.

Sent from my iPhone.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Oh Mercy
    LaraCroft10 likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

There is an old saying about keeping your mouth shut. There are also them that have never heard it. We have some here too.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson. Always remember our military. Me

Sounded like he was just begging for a shoot-off. Bet he couldn't put one shot in the bullseye at 7 yards.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    At least 65% of LE are wrong for carrying Glocks. That is why I carry a Sig.
    multistage and foxytwo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Bet he couldn't put one shot in the bullseye at 7 yards.
    He don’t have to, that thars a 44, hit the finger of a man on an out streached arm it will flip himover backwards and rip his arm off.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Gecko45, undercover!
    PEF and 40Bob like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sounds like sound advice to me...............just kiddin'.........love my 30SF.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Yeah, it seems like there is one in every gun store. Usually it's a customer but sometimes it's one of the clerks.

You know what they say. You can't fix stupid.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    I wouldn't have even tried to keep my mouth shut. I would have told him exactly what I thought of his "American" revolver, him, and his ignorance. Then I would have invited him to put his money where his mouth was in a shoot off.

I have little tolerance for stupid people, and it seems to decrease daily.
    BigJon10125 and OldVet like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Funny, I think I ran into the same guy! lol. I love the old wheel gun gurus that think that ALL auto pistols are junk... (too many moving parts an' all).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
    Welcome to my home, that door you just kicked in, was locked for your protection, not mine.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    And that sucks, as I have three of the things. They feel terrible in the hand, felt recoil is tremendous, and they are prone to "jamming." I need to sell the 23 I was carrying today and get a Taurus. Much more reliable, and made in America. Cheaper, too.

So I was told by a true guru who graciously bestowed this valuable information upon me. How I've made it thus far without those words of wisdom, I'll never know.

You see these guys in the gunshops. My guy asked how the new 23 I bought from him was running. I replied very well so far.

Along comes Bubba.......

Glock 23?

Yeah.

First gun?

No.

First Glock?

No.

I hate to tell you this, but those things are junk. Made in a foreign country, says so right on the slide. Folks like them, but they don't know what they are doing. They jam, and anybody who tells you different ain't shot theirs very much (I am biting my tongue nearly in half at this point). Now Taurus, they build a good gun (guy yanks a monster revolver from somewhere in the folds of his gut). This here won't jam, and ain't made outta plastic like that Glock. It's a 44, but don't kick like a Glock. Made in America, too (oh really?). Wanna hold it?

No. Thanks.

I stare at the guy for a couple seconds to see if he is just being wise, or if he is for real. Oh yeah, he means it. I glance at my guy behind the counter. He seems to be having a serious struggle with himself. I turn around and leave.

Lord have mercy, where do these guys come from?
    NYC?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links