most sought after discontinued defensive handguns??? - Page 4

most sought after discontinued defensive handguns???

This is a discussion on most sought after discontinued defensive handguns??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My personal favorites have already been mentioned; the S&W Model 12 snubbie & the 3913 (non-LS). Both are ideal for re-issue back into the factory ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: most sought after discontinued defensive handguns???

My personal favorites have already been mentioned; the S&W Model 12 snubbie & the 3913 (non-LS). Both are ideal for re-issue back into the factory line-up. S&W, are you listening?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Another vote for S&W 3913. I love mine that I picked up from a friend a couple of years ago.

JD
    Administrator
    Another vote for the Colt Revolvers.

Colt Pythons

Ruger SP101 9mm. On Gunbroker the other day a 2" 9mm SP101 sold for $825. I'm curious what I could get for my rarer 3" 9mm SP101.

The prices make me consider selling my 2" 9mm SP101 but I also consider that it should continue to increase in value.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Another vote for the Colt Revolvers.
    Colt, are you listening?
    BigJon10125 and Gunnutty like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Tec 9! For the gangster in me
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Detonics Scoremaster,

Dan Wesson pistol packs,

Colt Revolvers,

S&W K-frames.
    Tayopo likes this.

see a LOT of people looking for 2nd gen Glock 9mm's--17's and 19's. No frills, just reliable...

All I have are Gen 2's..........

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I just added this to my pistols about 3 weeks ago. HK P7M13.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images
    WARRIORS...for our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    Ephesians 6:12

The Colt Magnum Carry is one, also the P7. I think Colt is in a great position to bring back the Pocket Nine, or some variant thereof. Something like the Sig 938....

While I'd love to see Colt make the Python again, I have a feeling they'd put some sort of stupid integral lock on it, like what S&W has started to do.

There's also the quite excellent King Cobra from Colt...I'd love to see more of those.

personally I wish PTR would make the P7 again as they are also making new HK 91's but before they do that they need to make regular versions of the 91 not as they are. Then I may buy one. As far as my current favorite gun to lust over it is a 66 three inch round butt and I wish some custom shop would buy smith and wesson stuff to make some. I would buy one or two in a heart beat.

maybe not one of the most sought after, but one of the best values and sleepers of the 1990's.
    Star Firestar M43 9mm. 7+1 single stack, SAO, can be carried cocked and locked. A poor man's EMP. Shoots like a charm and dimensions are very small but heavy as its all steel. One of the original concealed carry pistols of the early 90's. Star was a company 20 years ahead of their time. I wish they were still with us, but they went toe up in the mid to late 90's along with Astra that also made a very nice single stack 9mm and 40SW. Both out of Spain.
    The little Firestars sold for around $200 new and now are going for $450 and up if they are in good shape on Gunbroker. I got mine about a year ago for $200 because the young gun store owner had never heard
    of them. He was in the 2nd Grade when they ceased production of the M43 and just wanted to unload a trade in. Foo'.

for you "no plastic allowed" guys, this one's for you.....all steel....and it feels like a boat anchor on your belt compared to the light poly guns of today.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

"for you "no plastic allowed" guys, this one's for you.....all steel....and it feels like a boat anchor on your belt compared to the light poly guns of today."

I'd be certain to like it then. Must be like a modernized version of the Star BM 9mm, one of which is kept around here. The BM feels very solid for its compact size.

Hey, that's another pistol that is way underrated.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

intratec cat 45. i had one and sold it. most compact 45 i have ever held.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    maybe not one of the most sought after, but one of the best values and sleepers of the 1990's.
    Star Firestar M43 9mm. 7+1 single stack, SAO, can be carried cocked and locked. A poor man's EMP. Shoots like a charm and dimensions are very small but heavy as its all steel. One of the original concealed carry pistols of the early 90's. Star was a company 20 years ahead of their time. I wish they were still with us, but they went toe up in the mid to late 90's along with Astra that also made a very nice single stack 9mm and 40SW. Both out of Spain.
    The little Firestars sold for around $200 new and now are going for $450 and up if they are in good shape on Gunbroker. I got mine about a year ago for $200 because the young gun store owner had never heard
    of them. He was in the 2nd Grade when they ceased production of the M43 and just wanted to unload a trade in. Foo'.

for you "no plastic allowed" guys, this one's for you.....all steel....and it feels like a boat anchor on your belt compared to the light poly guns of today.
    Dummy me forgot the M-43, the first gun I bought for CCW, great weapon and well made. Who cares if it weighs as much as a boat anchor, if you run out of ammo makes a fantastic club.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links