Question for people that have the Springfield XDS and the Walther PPS >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Question for people that have the Springfield XDS and the Walther PPS >>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which do you like better and how do they compare with each other ?? I have shot both many times as gun rentals at a ...

Thread: Question for people that have the Springfield XDS and the Walther PPS >>>>>>>

Thumbs up Question for people that have the Springfield XDS and the Walther PPS >>>>>>>

Which do you like better and how do they compare with each other ?? I have shot both many times as gun rentals at a local range and shoot both of them very well. I was thinking of purchasing a used 9mm Walther PPS for $400, but however also like the new Springfield XDS which around here is about $565 for the all black model. I do not mind the magazine release of the PPS and actually like it. I just wanted to hear back from people that have both or have experience with both on what they think of how the 2 compare, etc. Please no caliber war on this thread Thanks for any info and sharing your experience. God Bless

2. Remove Ads

The XDS is coming out in 9mm shortly I would wait. The XD series guns gets more accessories out there faster. Walther is not a bad gun but it is a harder platform to find accessories for.

KoB
    Good question/thread....would even be better if someone could post pics of both pistols to compare!

These two pistols are on my "purchase" list.

PPS is a great gun and is the one James Bond should be carrying instead of the P99 or PPK. No experience with the XDs and doubt I will. Just not
    terribly excited by this little gun. Have handled one and it just did nothing for me. JMO.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

*gasp* Zonker, I loooove the colors! #girlmoment

My wife traded the XDs in for a PPS. The issue was really more with her than the Springfield. She saw the XDs online, mentioned liking it, so I bought it for her. She had a hard time racking the slide, grip safety issues, and simply couldn't take it apart. Personally I really liked the little gun and had no problems with it. The PPS is close in size with both guns being extremely thin. For me the Walther is a bit more accurate and much easier on the hands(granted it's 9mm). My wife loves it, shoots it well, and likes the Glock take down tabs over the tough XDs lever. Personally I like the PPS better but it's a close race. Sorry no pics.

Thanks everyone for sharing their opinions and experiences. Keep them coming !!! God Bless

VIP Member
    I have both, and am pleased with both. Tough decision to decide on one or the other. I seriously dislike the mag release on the PPS.

Currently I'm not carrying either right now, I'm on a "personal campaign" to CC a full-sized gun more often, and I like how that's working out for me.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I love my XDs, no experience with the PPS though...

The takedown lever on my XDs was stiff at first, too, but after taking it apart and putting it back together over and over again, the takedown lever is loosening up, still secure, but much easier to manage.

On another note, I did a color fill job on mine with white enamel nail polish and am quite pleased with the results. Pics later.

Anyone have a comparison PIC of the XDS and the 9mm PPS with the 6 and 7 round magazine ??? Thanks again. God Bless

I've no experience with the XDS but have owned a 9mm PPS for about three years. It's very accurate, easy to shoot, uber reliable with any ammo (fmj,jhp) and easy to clean.

Walther hit a homerun with this pistol and it seems to be one of the most respected handguns on the interwebz gun forums -- many satisfied owners.

Good luck.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Links