Anyone here own a CZ 75? - Page 2

Anyone here own a CZ 75?

This is a discussion on Anyone here own a CZ 75? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the P-01 (9mm) and P-06 (.40) and my wife has the 75 Compact (9mm). All are totally reliable and extremely accurate and recoil ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anyone here own a CZ 75?

VIP Member
    I have the P-01 (9mm) and P-06 (.40) and my wife has the 75 Compact (9mm). All are totally reliable and extremely accurate and recoil is manageable. Between the P-01 and the Compact the Compact due to the additional weight of an all steel gun has the lesser recoil. Don't think you'd regret the purchase.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have three, all are good shooters. One standard, and it's siblings,

and little brother, CZ 82.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    How is the accuracy and recoil? Overall impressions?
    75D PCR. Very manageable recoil and a natural pointer for me, easy to carry in a Galco concealable belt holster. Very accurate.

But you need to practice - the trigger pull from half cocked position is different form the trigger pull from full cocked (i.e., there is a noticeable difference between the first and second shot) - so you need to be familiar with it and know what to expect between the first shot and the second.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Is the CZ safe to carry in condition one? If it is, does the small safety make it unfeasible to do so? Are larger thumb safeties available if needed?

Michael
    Yes, C&L is fine. Mine is single action only, so that is the only way to carry it. The SAO comes with the extended thumb safeties, but I prefer the lower profile of the standard. While they may look small in a picture, they are plenty big enough to sweep on/off. They are actually much better for concealment as the extended stick out too far, in my opinion. My only wish is that they could be closer to the rear of the frame. If you have short thums, it could be quite a reach.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

The CZ 75 does have some heft to it, but it's a service-grade gun that's meant to be shot a lot and to be durable. I've got a 75B with the "traditional" double action, with the frame-mounted safety so it can be carried cocked & locked. So far it's just a fun gun for me since other guns are in the carry rotation and I don't have proper holsters yet. For out-of-the-box, the trigger is pretty good and the DA pull is lighter than that of my Sig 220.

FWIW, the CZ 75 is probably the second most popular exposed-hammer gun I see in the Tuesday Night Steel matches my club runs, and they compete in both the Stock (10 rounds max) and Limited classes.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I have a steel-framed, dual-tone CZ 75 Compact. Nice, soft shooting and carriable. I carry it cocked and locked so I don't have to deal with the DA trigger pull.

I understand the Czechs are cranking out guns as fast as they can, which is less than the demand for them. They seem to hit the US market in waves. Keep looking and jump on what you want as soon as you see it. FWIW, this is the last year CZ will be producing guns with a satin nickel finish, and the 75 Compact is disappearing, too (althougg the aluminum-framed compacts with decockers will still be available).

CZ75 was next on my list to buy, but apparently it was on everyone else's list too! I've had an easier time spotting Shields than a new CZ.

I have a satin nickle 75b. I love it. They are very accurate, but what you can't really know until you shoot one is how fast they are. I have never cleared plates as fast as I have with the CZ.

I have a duo tone 75 compact 9mm, and three sets of grips besides the stock ones to dress it up...Thin Marschals. Thin Alums from CZ Custom, and these tacticool ones off eBay.
    I prefer to carry in a UBG Striker IWB...best 9mm pistol I've ever shot, bar none.

druryj,

Thanks for the pics. My dual tone Compact is begging for grips and sights.

I've had an SP01 Tactical for about 8 months now. Ive put around 1500 rounds though it and have not had 1 failure of any kind; it has literally been perfect (300 rounds of tula and the rest was federal 115 grain).

Im looking for a more moderate size pistol for carry now and if they made the steel framed 75 compact with a decocker rather than a safety i would throw my money at CZ.

jdc,

The steel frame and thumb safety are two critical factors in me buying my 75 C, two 83s, and an 82 this year. I'd like to round out my collection with 75 SP-01 and a 2075 RAMI -- both with safeties so all the guns operate the same (which is why I assume you prefer the decocker). This is the last year the 75 C is being produced. The aluminum-framed compacts will remain in production, and they all have decockers. Seems like the trend is in favor of decockers over safeties in a package that is 5 oz lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    jdc,

The steel frame and thumb safety are two critical factors in me buying my 75 C, two 83s, and an 82 this year. I'd like to round out my collection with 75 SP-01 and a 2075 RAMI -- both with safeties so all the guns operate the same (which is why I assume you prefer the decocker). This is the last year the 75 C is being produced. The aluminum-framed compacts will remain in production, and they all have decockers. Seems like the trend is in favor of decockers over safeties in a package that is 5 oz lighter.
    Nice! How do you like the 82/83? My roomate has a police surplus 82, and im pretty sure a better gun doesn't exist for about $200.

My desire for a decocker is partially for consistency between guns, but mainly because I would be a lot more comfortable carrying hammer down/half-cocked, and a decocker is just a more reliable/safe way to get there. I don't think I would be comfortable carrying something as small as the RAMI (haven't handled one though). I actually just realized the P-01 is almost the exact same dimensions as the 75 compact, so that may be the best option for me. If that doesn't pan out I may be looking elsewhere for a carry gun though (which probably means ill spend way too much)

The 82 is my EDC....after buying my son the 75-B (purty two-tone) he wanted for Xmas a couple of years ago, I had to have another CZ!

The 82 is a brick- I can't believe there's any still around for the price. Dead-on accurate (fixed polygonal barrel) and reliable. I was a bit concerned about no decocker, but once the hammer's down there's no issue. Hammer-block safety, and a very smooth DA pull.

You can carry cocked-and-locked like a 1911 with the frame mounted safety (only functional when the gun is cocked), but for me, it's "safer" hammer down in DA.

I just bought a CZ75 compact nickel and I love the feel and look of it..Going out tonight for my first firing..
    I bought it at DAMASCUS gun shop for $509.00 out the door..
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links