Anyone here own a CZ 75? - Page 3

Anyone here own a CZ 75?

This is a discussion on Anyone here own a CZ 75? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The CZ 75 Compact is my EDC. Accurate and beautiful. What's not to love?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anyone here own a CZ 75?

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    The CZ 75 Compact is my EDC. Accurate and beautiful. What's not to love?

I've been around here for a while & I've VERY seldom watched an "Anyone here own..." thread go over 30 posts without at least one discontented somebody peeing in the punch bowl. That oughta' tell you everything you'd need to know about the CZ75.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

You guys convinced me, I just preordered a CZ 75B matte stainless, should have it by the end of the month. Can't wait!

Do you suggest having any modifications done to the gun before it is shipped?

Congratulations on the purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    After ~1000-1500rds, I strongly recommend a great trigger job be done, possibly also smoothing out any internals that need it. Though, likely you'll find the CZ 75 to be sufficiently smooth already to not matter. If interested, check with Angus Hobdell at CZ Custom Shop.

The only thing I ever had go wrong was a single screw that backed out of place, interfering with cycling. In the CZ 75 product manual, it's part #35 on pg 24: click. A bit of LocTite "blue" cured that.

About the only other addition I might suggest is: your favorite night sights, if they're your thing.

Otherwise, out of the box, the CZ 75's are fairly bullet-proof, reliable and easy to live with. Shoot 10rds a month or 5000rds. Keep it basically cleaned, lubed and ready to roll. It'll serve you well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I prefer the Stainless 75s for looks, but have no idea how a stock action is on one.

Most any CZ is a nice shooter.

Best of luck with your eventual CZ purchase, but do it before they go up in price again.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/by-category/handguns/

More CZ and other pics:
    http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/75BSS/

I bought a used 75B made in 1997. It is a sweet shooting gun so I would imagine a new one would be really good.

You guys convinced me, I just preordered a CZ 75B matte stainless, should have it by the end of the month. Can't wait!
    ccw9mm covered it pretty well. When I picked my SP-01 up they had something (dont remember what) from the CZ Custom Shop in the store, it was the best SA trigger pull I have ever felt (to be fair, it was an SA only gun though). The only modification I have made was some Hogue wrap around molded grips, they are extremely comfortable and give me a nice ledge to rest my thumb on to maintain a high grip.

Like ccw9mm said, I wouldnt make any mechanical modifications until you have at least ~1000 rounds through it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    You never hear anyone bad-mouthing a CZ75. They're like the Toyota of 9mm handguns.
    Frankly never had anything bad to say about CZ they make good firearms accross the board. To me there are just better CC options as these are heavy. If I want a steel frame firearm it's going to be a 1911 or Sig P226 Elite.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

+1 on what Cool Hand Luke said in post #15. Fantastic handguns. I've had +/- 15 handguns in the past 3 yrs and my current carry piece, the CZ Rami 2075 alloy is THE best handling gun of all of them. I also had an XDm 9 Compact 3.8 and along with a
    CZ Compact 75, they tied for 2nd on my list. Handsdown, CZ and S'field are my favorites.

Just got my first CZ 75B from CZ Custom with trigger job, FO and competition rear sights, and coco bolo grips. I have a feeling it won't be my last.

20121108081910.jpg

CZ 75 J8873 resized2.jpg

This is my carry piece a CZ-75 Pre B from 1992. CZ took the best of the Sig P-210 and the Browning P-35 Hi-Power and created the CZ-75. Mine now has CT Laser Grips on it and an 18 round SP-01 mag in it now though. I liked these so much I bought another. Both have smooth triggers and are very accurate with 124 gr +P Winchester Ranger T or Federal HST.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Just got my first CZ 75B from CZ Custom with trigger job, FO and competition rear sights, and coco bolo grips. I have a feeling it won't be my last.
    Congratulations on your first CZ 75. Enjoy.
    Merc1977 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

How is the accuracy and recoil? Overall impressions?
    I own a pre-B model CZ75 (second generation, with B-Model features) as well as an SP01. I have long been enamored of the CZ75 since reading about it in [B]Soldier of Fortune many years ago. The Pre-B is my preferred carry arm, while the SP01 does nightstand-duty with tritium sights and an Insight M3X tac-light mounted on it. Both are superb performers at the range. Heaviness is not a problem for me, as I grew up carrying and shooting 1911 pistols. Consequently, I particularly like the ability to carry the CZ75 cocked and locked.
    The pistol has the best features of the Colt/Browning and Sig-P210 designs, as well as double- and single-action flexibility. To me, it is as close to perfection as one can get.

How is the accuracy and recoil? Overall impressions?
    My pair of '75's:

Wp_0003.jpg

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Have the compact p - 01, lighter but still handles recoil very well. It's more accurate than I'll prob ever be and all around a fantastic gun.

+1. I been shooting for 40+ years so I am OK. First mag I shot through my P-01 was the most accurate group I have EVER shot. I now own 2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links