It HURTS - Page 2

It HURTS

This is a discussion on It HURTS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heal up and follow all sound medical advice....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: It HURTS

Heal up and follow all sound medical advice.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Heal up and follow all sound medical advice.
    Thank you.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

This is one of the reasons I prefer ambidextrous controls and a DA first shot (or DAO). You never know when the primary hand/finger/side is going to be put out of commission, either prior to or during a fight. Good reminder, as to what can happen.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

OOWWwwwwwuch !!! Under the NAIL.....?!? Just trying to imagine that hurts.

Maybe a hot toddy might help with that?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Just for kicks today, because of this, I went to the LGS and found a cheap left-hand holster that fits my PM9 well enough. I'm carrying it that way today .... I'm really curious about how it makes me feel. Candidly, right now, a little apprehensive.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Ouch, I hope it clears up for you.

VIP Member
    Hope your thumb is recovered soon. Until then looks like the SAO becomes a safe queen and a DA will need to take it's place.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I like my Kimber ultra carry II but I have a Glock 36 loaded and waiting in the wings. No hammer to cock no safety to un do.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Oh, I had visions of burning bamboo shoots driven under the fingernails. I'd have to be heavily sedated for that treatment. I hope you heal up quickly.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Can you say, Glock? I knew that you could.

....ya see Gaston designed them for those with or without thumbs, so it should fit the bill here.

seriously, sorry about the thumb, but just what exactly has your thumb been doing lately that you don't know about?
    Hmmm. How are you going to hold the Glock without thumbs???

Sorry to hear about your thumb, hope it heals soon and is back to normal functioning.

It's kinda funny cause the last few range sessions I practiced shooting the P-3AT one handed with both my dominant (right) and my left hand. Shot it equally with both. Made me think about making another pocket holster for left hand use, now I'm definitely making one this week.

And I'm going to make it a point to practice with my 642 left handed too. :)

Hm...I just keep mine cocked and locked, even in the gun vault. So pretty much 24/7.

Is that bad?

Heck why don't you just hold the pistol with your right hand, work the slide with your left, and then put the safety on?

No thumb usage required except to flip the safety off when you need to use it.

Train to shoot with both hands. You never know when you will lose one. Now to find a range that will let me train using my feet....
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Everyone who carries should have a holster for the support side and a gun that can be manipulated with the support hand. You never know when you could suffer an injury that would require you to carry that way. Personally, I like having a gun available to both hands all the time anyway.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links