I did it! - Page 3

I did it!

This is a discussion on I did it! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats on the new gun! You only get your first once, so get what you want and enjoy. For practice ammo, most any FMJ will ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: I did it!

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun! You only get your first once, so get what you want and enjoy.

For practice ammo, most any FMJ will work. I prefer Federal, however in a pinch I will buy Winchester White Box. If you go to Walmart, you will also probably see Tulammo, while cheaper, I would not recommend it, especially for someone new to guns. It is a steel case ammo, and not all guns like it.

Now, get some ammo and get to the range!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats on your new/first gun! Practice often.

For the record...I think all guns are sexy.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

don't worry about the scratches. it's a carry gun and will soon have more. a well worn gun is sexier than a pristine one any day.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Beautiful gun, good job. I like it and I'm not even really a Sig fan!

The link you will find here may help with your ammo choices. It can be a detailed and laborious read, but it's a lot of good information.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nice! Whatever ammo you choose, practice, practice, practice. A few bucks extra for what you really want is worth it!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by JonOxds View Post
    Congrats! I bought my first gun two months ago. I bet you can find some good info about .380 on YouTube. A quick search shows Hikock45 reviewed your gun. Defiantly watch that! Go get some ammo from Walmart. Since I shoot .45acp I've noticed most are out of the value packs. The Walmart in collinsville is stocked up. If your downtown stl is the same distance to the one on Hanley. Cabelas in Mills mall has a big variety of defensive ammo. Best place to shoot your new gun is Jay henges, just don't go on sat/sun
    Henges is nice because its cheap, but the three seconds between rounds kind of sucks(and they can be a bit anxious to tell you about it), and this time of year it is pretty packed with deer hunters. The wally world on manchester is pretty stocked up on ammo with agood selection of sd ammo.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Oh and congrats on the new gun!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    If you go to Walmart, you will also probably see Tulammo, while cheaper, I would not recommend it, especially for someone new to guns. It is a steel case ammo, and not all guns like it.
    This. My wife has the 238SAS and it won't fire a single round of Tulammo. It eats everything else with gusto.

I got one this weekend as well IMG_0191.jpg

I love it so far. Now I'm just waiting on my crossbreed holster to get in. I've been shooting Lawman fmj and Speer Gold Dots with no FTF/FTE. The sight radius does take a little time to get used to, but so far it has great accuracy with in 15'. I might end up getting a different front sight as mine has the longer fiber optic/night sight.

For some reason, the nifty little kydex holster that came with my 238 Nitemare put a huge, horrible scratch down the top of the slide....made me quite ill. I love this gun, as well as its sibling the 938...one or the other has been my daily carry for a couple of weeks now.

You started off into the gun buying thing quite nicely....great choice.

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it as much as I love my diamond plate P238. It shoots just about anything for the range. I use Hornady Critical Defense for carry.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Beautiful gun. Now go out and enjoy it.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Excellent choice. Sig Sauer=Tank

Good job on getting the gun you actually want. Many here will tell you buyers remorse on a gun sucks. Well worth saving or waiting till it is available most times instead of buying twice
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

yea it's a carry gun. it's gonna get the heck beat out of it. it happens. good call on the stainless. i won't buy a carry gun that i can't sweat on. either ss or parkerized finish. buy some good carry ammo, and a boatload of winchester whitebox to practice with. shoot at least once a week. make that thing an extension of yourself.

oh and let me know what you come up with for carrying when in scrubs. my wife is a nurse and she still needs some "convincing".
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links