Sig P226 E2 grip upgrade.

This is a discussion on Sig P226 E2 grip upgrade. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I just wanted to mention that recently I did two E2 grip upgrades to my P226 Elites. I bought the grips from one of ...

Thread: Sig P226 E2 grip upgrade.

VIP Member

Sig P226 E2 grip upgrade.

Hi,

I just wanted to mention that recently I did two E2 grip upgrades to my P226 Elites. I bought the grips from one of our partners (Top Gun Supply) and received fast shipping and they have good information on their website to check your main spring housing before you purchase. The install took about 5 minutes and the grips feel great. I know it sounds crazy, but the nice Sig wood grips are just too nice to shoot all the time and are fat too boot.

Anyone who has contemplated doing this upgrade I highly recommend it if you don't have huge hands.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Second that advice. Both of my 229s have E2 grips, and it is all the difference in the world.

Although I dont own one, the 229 E2 is on my must-have list. Sig did a great job with the E2's

CJM
    I love SIG's, but the E2 grips just aren't for me and my handsize.

We installed the E2 on a 226 for an officer with small hands. Made a tremondous difference for him. The "feel" of his grip sort of reminded me of the Hi Power.

I put them on my 229 and immediately took them off. I can barely palm a basketball (pretty average sized hands) and they were too small for me. Loved the texture of them, just too small.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    I put them on my 229 and immediately took them off. I can barely palm a basketball (pretty average sized hands) and they were too small for me. Loved the texture of them, just too small.
    My SIG Pro came with 2 different grips, both textured similarly to the E2 grips, and I didn't find them to aid much in gripping the gun during live fire, and they turned my side into raw meat if I wasn't wearing an undershirt. I bought a large grip that is rubber texture and it's the bee's knees for me.

Good on SIG though for producing a grip option that caters to folks with smaller hands. One gripe many people have with SIG's is they can feel bulky in the hands to some people.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    My SIG Pro came with 2 different grips, both textured similarly to the E2 grips, and I didn't find them to aid much in gripping the gun during live fire, and they turned my side into raw meat if I wasn't wearing an undershirt. I bought a large grip that is rubber texture and it's the bee's knees for me.

Good on SIG though for producing a grip option that caters to folks with smaller hands. One gripe many people have with SIG's is they can feel bulky in the hands to some people.
    For example my hands are meaty like hammers, but my fingers aren't that long. My Sig SS P226 elite with the standard Rosewood grips feel huge to me. Half of the E2 upgrade is feel along with durability over the nice wood grips. Yes indeed I would wear an undershirt if CC. My Elites are not my choice for CC I more OC them or use them at the range.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I just wanted to add I was at a local show today in Hampton, Virginia and at one of the dealer's table and picked up a Sig P226, right away it felt different, actually better. I looked at it closely and find it has the new E2 grips. Wow I really like these !!! My hands are in the regular-large size and I do not have problems with the regular grips, yet the E2 grips just make it feel much better !!! I have a Sig P229 DAK so now I am thinking of getting the E2 DAK grips for mine !!! I just wanted to share my experience. God Bless

Would you say the E2 grips give a similar feel to a P225? I have a P225 and it feels perfect to me. When I hold a P226 (non E2) the thought that pops up in my mind is its a little thick, not bad but just a little.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Links