Ruger LCP? - Page 3

Ruger LCP?

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went with the S&W Bodyguard 380. Much better sights and includes a laser, plus the slide locks open when the mag is empty like ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP?

I went with the S&W Bodyguard 380. Much better sights and includes a laser, plus the slide locks open when the mag is empty like most autos (LCP does not). Mine has several hundred rounds through it and has been 100% reliable so far. I use the laser during target practice to check my aim while pulling the trigger, but I can shoot just as accurately at 7-10 yards using the sights alone. There are some nice comparison photos of LCP and BG here (Ruger LCP vs S&W Bodyguard .380 - Calguns.net).

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I went with the S&W Bodyguard 380. Much better sights and includes a laser, plus the slide locks open when the mag is empty like most autos (LCP does not). Mine has several hundred rounds through it and has been 100% reliable so far. I use the laser during target practice to check my aim while pulling the trigger, but I can shoot just as accurately at 7-10 yards using the sights alone. There are some nice comparison photos of LCP and BG here (Ruger LCP vs S&W Bodyguard .380 - Calguns.net).
    Those were hellpful pics, thanks. Now i am really confused
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Geez Bunker. Just do it. You know you want one.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    - The Insight laser on the S&W Bodyguard guns are terrible. You press the button once to turn it on, twice to go into pulsate mode and again to turn it off. It also turns off after a short period of time. That is not how you want a laser to work at all on a defensive firearm.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - The Insight laser on the S&W Bodyguard guns are terrible. You press the button once to turn it on, twice to go into pulsate mode and again to turn it off. It also turns off after a short period of time. That is not how you want a laser to work at all on a defensive firearm.
    I can see your point. I have one J frame with the CT laser grip... i usually carry this in the evening, as a laser at night is def helpful. Bad guys dont realize that just because you have a laser, you can still miss. It has an intimidation factor, as well as being functional when in dark surroundings when the j frame sights cannot be seen.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links