Defensive Carry banner

Steel frame 9mm

7K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  sonnycrocket 
#1 ·
I was given the opportunity to shoot a Baby Desert Eagle last week at the range by another shooter. He loaded a 10 round magazine and allowed my wife and I to shoot it. She shot 4 and I shot 6. It shot very well, was comfortable and had minimal recoil. I also was able to put 4 rounds in the same 1" hole at 7 yards so I think the accuracy would be better with some practice. I was wondering if there are some steel frame full size 9's that I could look for to add to my safe. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

#6 ·
^^^^^^ - This.

Can't beat a Hi-power IMO. We have a MKIII thats just passed the 15K round count mark and it's better today than it was at 1000 rounds. Feels like it's just broken in. Tight slide fit, accuracy is top notch, and it's easy to work with. In my hands it's a natural pointer. I'm always dead on the weird front sights, one handed or two handed.

We have a .40 cal in the stable also, but it's unfired at this point. They are discontinued in .40 so it's going to stay tucked away in the safe.

NachO

#5 ·
There are a lot of full-size, steel frame guns from the first wave or two of the "wondernines," dating from the late 70s to the mid-90s. Examples include the 2nd & 3rd generation Smith & Wesson autos, like the 5906, and the Ruger P85 and P95. Lots of these to be found on the used-gun shelves.

#13 ·
I fall in love with these all the time at gun shows, esp. the S&Ws. Never get to shoot them tho.

Would love one but dont need it, just like I dont need a 1911 *sigh*

#10 ·
Sig P226 comment

I believe that most Sig P226s are aluminum frame. The one I own certainly is. But Sig does make an all steel version of the P226 called the X5. It weighs in over 40 ounces, is used primarily for target shooting, and is quite expensive. It is shown in the photo below:

#14 ·
I really liked the Para Ordnance....but it's been awhile...was it steel or plastic? Have you seen that one?

#17 ·
The Baby Eagle was my first handgun. Wife loves shooting it. At our first handgun training class there was another couple with a newer version Baby Eagle. It shot like a dream too.

A CZ is close to the same thing. Service size metal 9's are great to shoot. Would like to pick up a Beretta eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.