LCP .380 Jams

This is a discussion on LCP .380 Jams within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You might be limp writing. Try a firm hold on the gun next time you shoot. There are a bunch of limp wrist shooting videos ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LCP .380 Jams

You might be limp writing. Try a firm hold on the gun next time you shoot. There are a bunch of limp wrist shooting videos on YouTube so you can see what you might be doing wrong.
    NRA Life Member
    Second Amendment Foundation Supporter

2. Remove Ads

Yep even the L.A.P.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    LEOs are carrying .380 pocket pistols?
    One of the gun mags not to long ago did a review of the L.A.P.D. and its acceptance of the .380. Currently only the LCP and the S&W Bodyguard are allowed,and the latter without the laser. Hornady critical defense was mentioned as the ammo of choice I believe. Mine currently runs these or Gold Dots flawlessly. While not the biggest or baddest round out there, at contact distances I believe they could really ruin a bad guys day. As far as one shot stops go I can afford to dump a half a dozen rounds into someone. I'm a giving person.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    It probably needs a good cleaning, not all pistols are like Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by p3at View Post
    You might be limp writing. Try a firm hold on the gun next time you shoot. There are a bunch of limp wrist shooting videos on YouTube so you can see what you might be doing wrong.
    The only time I have any problems with mine is when I get tired and start to limp wrist it. Give it a good cleaning and take it to the range. If you still have problems let someone else try a mag or two and see if there is any change.

My LCP has never had a single failure from the day I bought it. Bought it, and walked over to the range... The range is in the store.
    It has gobbled up everything I have fed it. WWB, Remington, PMC, Hydra Shock, and whats in it now, Critical Defence.
    I have had a coupe females and first time shooters put rounds down range with it as well with no issues.

I have replaced the springs with wolff springs and I use eezox to keep the rust off and just a bit of slide glide light on the rails.

I don't have any desire to recomend a tarus, I know many have flawless experiences, but the two I have shot have both had issues FTE/stove pipes in multiple shooters hands. A 24/7 in .45 and a tcp...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links